Headphone Jack Issue Droid 2

Droid998

Reaction score
My 1st post here on the forums. Just activated my Droid 2 yesterday. I was listening to some music through wired headphones yesterday.Once plugged in if i wiggle the jack end I hear static. It only happens if I wiggle the connector and does not do it if not wiggled. Not a big deal but my Droid 1 did not do this. Anybody experience this or could check if theirs does it. Otherwise I love the phone!

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
Anybody experiencing this problem? Could somebody maybe see if theirs exhibit this issue would be appreciated. :)

ibevsop

Reaction score
no sir

The earphone plug on mine is a tight fit, no wiggle at all and good force required to insert or remove plug. . . Try plugging in a few different sets of earphones, your plug migt be on the smaller side of the standard or, your droid may be defective. My earphones are skullCandy, i have seen some earphones that have a slimmer seeming plug though.

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
Maybe I explained this wrong.The plus connector does not wiggle. I hear static when I rotate the plug around. Maybe the plug tip needs cleaning not sure.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I explained this wrong.The plus connector does not wiggle. I hear static when I rotate the plug around. Maybe the plug tip needs cleaning not sure.

It's kind of like the old joke isn't it?

"Doc, it hurts when i bend over backwards." "Well, don't bend over backwards.":)

phrozen087

Reaction score
Min actually did it right at the beginning. It stopped after a day or so though and I haven't had any static since. I did start using my better pair of headphones with the phone though after a few days so maybe that was it also. The first few days I used my junk exercising earbuds.

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
Update: I cleaned the tip of my headphones connector and it was much better. I plugged it in and out a bunch of times and it stopped doing it. I've always experienced this kind of thing from these old school analog connectors.

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
One last update on this:I plugged in my D2 a different set of headphone with a gold connector and the connection was perfect not a ounce of static at all. This all boils down to unless you have a non-corrosive gold connector you could experience this problem at some point.