phones jack ....

zero7404

Reaction score
i started using my phone @ work to listen to some music and noticed the jack is every so slightly loose. enough so that when i wiggle the plug when its fully seated i get a little static ....
this appears to be a defect ... anyone else have the same problem ? i will have to get in touch with motorola to see if i can get this solved ...

Reaction score
There are numerous threads regarding this issue. Several people have taken their Droid back several times because of it. Might want to consider Bluetooth headphones.

OyVOid

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as Zero. I have been using my Droid as my primary music player at work. I've had my Droid for 5 months and now I have to constantly jiggle the headphone jack because of the static and echo.

Will Verizon fix it or take it back under warranty or am I stuck?

Last edited:

Jud

Reaction score
I am having the same problem as well. Not only do I get static sometimes but the most irritating thing is that it pauses and sometime closes down the stock music program.

Jud

Reaction score
For the people getting their phones replaced what is happening to all of your apps that you have installed are they VZN able to mirror your phone to the new one or do you have to redownload all of your apps. I have several paid apps and I hate to lose all of that.

Thanks for all your help

AceDROID

Reaction score
For the people getting their phones replaced what is happening to all of your apps that you have installed are they VZN able to mirror your phone to the new one or do you have to redownload all of your apps. I have several paid apps and I hate to lose all of that.

Thanks for all your help

After doing many complete wipes on my Droid, purchased apps are saved to your gmail account. What I mean by that, is that once you log back into your gmail account on the New Droid, going to the market, you'll see in the "downloads" section, a list of apps that you had paid for that say "Purchased" next to them. That is, if I read this correctly, of course.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
what i want to kno is if motorola has addressed the problem ? if not, then there would be no point in sending in a phone for a replacement ...

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i bought my fone from wirefly, so i can't go to verizon. but it is still within warranty, has anyone here dealt with sending in their phone to motorola after submitting a repair request online ?

i'd like to know how that went for you ...

Jud

Reaction score
Thanks Acedroid for your help. After doing more research on this problem and reading more threads on this website it seems even if you do get a replacement that this situations just happens again down the road until motorola redesigns this connection which is not going to happen on this model. as for me I do have insurance but live an hour away from the verizon store. I have found a possible temporary fix for these problems that was discuss on another thread. I tried it today and it worked great. I took a plastic straw cut a little larger than a 1/8" piece off the end. I then took that small piece and cut half of the ring off making a half moon piece of plastic (depending on the size of the straw you may need to trim off more than half). after you have the half moon piece of plastic insert it between plug and the back of the case. I left mine just barely stick out just in case I want to pull it out later. after I completed the fix I did over 3 hours of yard work listening to music with the droid in my pocket and not a single problem. I hope this helps someone else as it seems were all in the same boat.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i think my situation might be worsened by the otterbox case ... because of the rubber cover that sits in the jack when i dont use it ....
i kno my porta pro phones have a very small profile plug, so i cant see it as being a burden on the jack

Jud

Reaction score
okay although it might be worth a shot it only takes a couple of minutes. if it help great. if not I guess you will have to use your warranty

Good Luck

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i don't see the straw thing working for me due to the rubber cover on the case ...

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Kinda makes ya wonder about the quality control process. I don't think I've talked to a single Moto Droid owner who doesn't have this problem, myself included. How did that slip through?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait, so the piece of straw goes into the actual hole or into the crack between the jack ring and the case?