Headphone jack fail

ryanstewart07

Reaction score
So I've been using my headphone jack to play pandora through my car speakers via aux plug. Ive never had static or a loose plug for the life of the dx. Then after working all morning I tried to plug it in and it doesn't work. It wont stop playing out of the phone speaker. Please help!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cellu1

Reaction score
Not sure about the DX, but the D1 had a notoriously crappy headphone jack. There really is no fix unless you open your phone up and look at the hardware. If you think its a software issue do a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Take it to Verizon, they are good about honoring hardware defects, whether or not you have insurance or within your 30 days.

jimracloud

Reaction score
Check your cable also. If phone doesn't "see" that its plugged in it won't switch. I do the same with mine but through bluetooth. It's freakin assume to not be wired up all the time.

SPiNX

Reaction score
my droidx doesnt play both channels on my headphone jack wife is headed to verizon store to exchange it now

Meanstreak1

Reaction score
So I've been using my headphone jack to play pandora through my car speakers via aux plug. Ive never had static or a loose plug for the life of the dx. Then after working all morning I tried to plug it in and it doesn't work. It wont stop playing out of the phone speaker. Please help!!!

1. Before I attempted to exchange mine I attempted to check with small rod to see if I could feel the contact inside the phone. When I removed the rod out came a piece of lint and my problem was solved