HDMI dock necessary?

pudah

Reaction score
I see that there is a HDMI port on this phone with connectivity supported. I also read that there is a multi feature home "dock" available and one of it's features is managing the HDMI function. Am I understanding this correctly when interpreting that the dock is a needed go-between for the HDMI to work, or can I just just plug the phone directly into the TV/Projector/etc. with a cable? Perhaps the dock adds features?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
theres 2 different docks.
the "Standard Dock" is really nothing more than a stand+charging station which adds HDMI support
the "HD Station" is truly a multimedia alternative. You can pair a bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard and control the phone.

Both docks access the phones Webtop apps so you can run Webtop mode on your TV or monitor.

All that said, you can still simply plug in a micro-HDMI cable and go directly into the TV for HDMI Mirroring.

Hope this helps.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea and to me, $70 for the for the desktop cradle charger is a rip off.. I used one on my OG and d2g .. but not paying $70 for another, I'll wait till the price drops.

Reaction score
Yea and to me, $70 for the for the desktop cradle charger is a rip off.. I used one on my OG and d2g .. but not paying $70 for another, I'll wait till the price drops.

Coulda bought the costco bundle and get the standard dock charger for free

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Coulda bought the costco bundle and get the standard dock charger for free

Yea I could have if they had any when I went there, which was 30 mins past the time they opened. They told me they opened at 10, when in fact they opened at 9:30. I was there at 10 when which was the time the guy I spoke with the night before told me they opened, and all were gone. He said all Costcos in the state were sold out already at that point. Win some & ya lose some...

Reaction score
Yea I could have if they had any when I went there, which was 30 mins past the time they opened. They told me they opened at 10, when in fact they opened at 9:30. I was there at 10 when which was the time the guy I spoke with the night before told me they opened, and all were gone. He said all Costcos in the state were sold out already at that point. Win some & ya lose some...

You win some, you lose some, then you wait one for their 2nd shipment to get $100+ in free accessories. Its a choice of instant gratification or a 24hr wait for what you want.

devils3023

Reaction score
I was outside my local Costco at 6am to be sure I got one!! Not only did it come with the desk dock, car dock, battery and battery dock BUT ALSO a leather case, screen protector, car charger and an extra wall charger (which is much longer than the one in the box thankfully). dancedroid