HD dock and HDMI

RichStevenson

Reaction score
The HDMI connector on my HD dock leans ever so slightly to the right. Enough that the phone seems to seat a little too tight. Went to VZW and the one they pulled from stock was even worse. How is everyone elses fitting?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

delt4

Reaction score
I get mine tomorrow in the mail. Is it as cool and usable as it looks on the videos?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
RichStevenson

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Ok just received the HDMI cable. The HD dock was well worth the investment. The phone screen comes up on the left and you have complete control over it. Mirror mode works great too! It would be nice to be able to create custom icons on the bottom of the screen though. Unless I overlooked it. Alll and all, this thing is really cool! dancedroid

shamus

Reaction score
As cool as the HD dock is, and it is VERY cool (probably the best accessory I've ever bought) I still can't seem to find a resolution that will play properly on my TV. It has major playback issues with 720p content. Unfortunately, I bought it for this very reason:(

don_juan

Reaction score
As cool as the HD dock is, and it is VERY cool (probably the best accessory I've ever bought) I still can't seem to find a resolution that will play properly on my TV. It has major playback issues with 720p content. Unfortunately, I bought it for this very reason:(

Hello!

Have you tried to connecting to a standard 15 inch HDMI monitor? If so, how does it look? I am planning to use the HD Dock while at work for responding to text messages, personal emails, etc. Just curious before I make the purchase.

Thanks!

delt4

Reaction score
I have used mine on both a monitor and my 42 Inch TV and its awesome on both. The only thing is it runs a bit slow using it as a webdock. But much better than i thought it would.

To the OP My bionic fits great in the dock. Just have to have it at the right angle

don_juan

Reaction score
The only thing is it runs a bit slow using it as a webdock.

Thanks for the info! I have used a Lapdock for the Atrix and noticed it was a little slow, but just fine for texting and surfing a few pages here and there. I think it's a "buy" for work.

delt4

Reaction score
I am impressed! Its definitely an amazing and useful tool.

pilot12

Reaction score
The HDMI connector on my HD dock leans ever so slightly to the right. Enough that the phone seems to seat a little too tight. Went to VZW and the one they pulled from stock was even worse. How is everyone elses fitting?

Just got mine. The fit is good. No bent connector in this one; the MICRO HDMI and MICRO USB connectors are straight and parallel with each other. The phone seems stable in the dock and initial hook up to the TV seems like it will work properly. Gonna be a bit of a learning curve to get it all figured out and I still need the audio cords. I think a wireless mouse and keyboard will come in handy if I end up using this very often.

OP
RichStevenson

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Just got mine. The fit is good. No bent connector in this one; the MICRO HDMI and MICRO USB connectors are straight and parallel with each other. The phone seems stable in the dock and initial hook up to the TV seems like it will work properly. Gonna be a bit of a learning curve to get it all figured out and I still need the audio cords. I think a wireless mouse and keyboard will come in handy if I end up using this very often.

Thanks for the info on the connectors. Mine seems a little better now that it's been in and out a few times.
You won't need an audio cable using the HDMI. HDMI will carry the audio and video.
I bought mine intending on using it at hotels since I travel a lot for work. So I didn't want a full size keyboard and mouse. I ordered this eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and hope that it works with the phone. Haven't received it yet though.

StacyS

Reaction score
I purchased the HD dock with the expectation of using the Webtop with my computer. Looks like I have no HDMI connection for my pc or monitor. So, looking around for an adapter & seems like the adapters are about $100.

Anyone have any other thoughts or is this my only option?

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
You guys will have to pardon my ignorance but I am wondering what are the major reasons of owning the HD dock and HDMI cable (although I think I can see why about the cable)?

Another way to put it I guess would be what are you guys using them for?

StacyS

Reaction score
You guys will have to pardon my ignorance but I am wondering what are the major reasons of owning the HD dock and HDMI cable (although I think I can see why about the cable)?

Another way to put it I guess would be what are you guys using them for?

This might help: [video=youtube;SIXE9LCNhcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIXE9LCNhcA[/video]