having trouble with the casio commando. any help?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. sorry im not familiar wih ur device but in ur msg screen are u able to long press and a pop up msg shows?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to the forum!

I have not tried to save any sound files in quite some time but like princess said try long-pressing on the actual message containing the sound file. I used to use Handcent, which is a messaging app you can find on the market with some extra functionality, and was able to save things just fine. You could always try that if the long-press does not work.

OP
L

littleposerfish

Reaction score
thanks

yeah i have tried long pressing,but it does not have a save option for sounds, just pictures.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
i will try this app and see if it helps.

No problem. And I just sent my self a ringtone via text message. In the stock sms app I could not save it only play it. In handcent I was able to save it. Just go into handcent, open the thread that contains the ringtone, hit the menu button and there is option to save it. I selected it and then looked, it was on my SD in a handcent/downloads. Try that and let me know.

OP
L

littleposerfish

Reaction score
jsm

holy freakin cow dude, that so worked! thank you very much. i love this app,i think the look is pretty cool. 2 thumbs up man!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
holy freakin cow dude, that so worked! thank you very much. i love this app,i think the look is pretty cool. 2 thumbs up man!

Glad I could help! There is probably a way to do it on the stock one but I could not find it on my phone. I like handcent because it has pop ups and tons of customization. Also, if you plan on using it and trying it out then disable the notifications in your stock sms app, should just be under settings in the app. Otherwise you will get double notifications for every message. Just remember to enable the stock one if you ever uninstall handcent, if not you might have a real unhappy gf whose message I missed lol.

OP
L

littleposerfish

Reaction score
thanks jsm

thank you so much. yeah i am getting double text,i was wondering about that.but i do like this app. and it was so easy to save what i wanted. you just saved me alot of headache! i love this phone, but trying to save sound from text was like pulling teeth. i dont understand why the maker of android would make it so hard to do this. saving pics was easy.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah it is weird but at least there is a work around we found.

And enjoy the new phone. If you ever have questions for tips or tricks, don't be a stranger, just ask.

OP
L

littleposerfish

Reaction score
hey bud

for reason i cant hang up phone calls on the touch screen. when i call a number or when i get a call. when i call someone, i noticed the screen flickers and it turns black. you can touch the screen and it does nothing till the other person hangs up.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I wish I had a good solution to the issue for you but I am not sure. I know screens do go black when you are on a call but it should come back on once you remove the phone from your ear. Can't be sure if its a known issue with the commando or something else. You may have to take it in and have a tech look at it for you.

OP
L

littleposerfish

Reaction score
omg!

I wish I had a good solution to the issue for you but I am not sure. I know screens do go black when you are on a call but it should come back on once you remove the phone from your ear. Can't be sure if its a known issue with the commando or something else. You may have to take it in and have a tech look at it for you.

no worries! i figured it out. its the custom fitted case i bought for it at a verizon store. for some reason when its in the case, the sensor thinks its up to my ear the whole time and the screen disappears. but once removed from the case. it comes back on. freakin crazy.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
no worries! i figured it out. its the custom fitted case i bought for it at a verizon store. for some reason when its in the case, the sensor thinks its up to my ear the whole time and the screen disappears. but once removed from the case. it comes back on. freakin crazy.

Wow that is crazy. Would have NEVER come to that conclusion lol. As long as its all good now!

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...