Having trouble getting my emails

gixxer340

Reaction score
I am relatively new to the Rezound. I am coming from a DINC (which I absolutely loved BTW). So far I really love the Rezound as well. It is a great phone. I am having one issue though, my Hotmail account doesn't seem to sync very well. Most of the time I have to sync it manually and even then not all mails come through. Anyone else having any issues like this? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jeff

try enabling IMAP in your hotmail account. You need to use the website to do this.

Thanks for the tip. It seams that Hotmail does not support IMAP. I had to set up a different type of account on the phone and that seems to be working. The cool hotmail account doesnt seem to work correctly by an activesync account works fine. It doesnt seem to use the default notification sound though, nor does it have the cool notification icon that the bult in hotmail account has. But hey, at least I get all my mail now.

Thanks again
Jeff

Thanks for the suggestion but the problem with a third party client is that it will not update the Sense widget. I like the widget and I would have to have 2 clients configured to use it. I really wish the included hotmail client could be used but I just cant get it to work. Right now I am using an active sync account. I get my mail fine but the notification for some reason does not use my default notification sound. Another problem is that I can't read HTML emails directly in the client. It is text only. Not deal breakers but definitely not the best.

Thanks again
Jeff

Back