having trouble connecting my phone to my pc

itzjusmee

Reaction score
I have the drivers installed but windows vista still isn't recognizing my phone, it's charging but i get no notification to choose what kind of connectivity i would like to use. Running windows vista sp2 and my phone is running the .215 leak.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have the drivers installed but windows vista still isn't recognizing my phone, it's charging but i get no notification to choose what kind of connectivity i would like to use. Running windows vista sp2 and my phone is running the .215 leak.
Make sure you have USB Debugging selected-menu>setting>developer options>usb debugging. Also make sure you have up to date drivers. The Moto support site has them. I would uninstall your current drivers and re-install the latest drivers from Moto's support site. Drivers can be "sticky" and if they are not up to date or haven't installed correctly you'll have problems getting your computer to recognize your phone. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the drivers "squared away".

Last edited:
OP
itzjusmee

itzjusmee

Reaction score
Make sure you have USB Debugging selected-menu>setting>developer options>usb debugging. Also make sure you have up to date drivers. The Moto support site has them. I would uninstall your current drivers and re-install the latest drivers from Moto's support site. Drivers can be "sticky" and if they are not up to date or haven't installed correctly you'll have problems getting your computer to recognize your phone. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the drivers "squared away".

That didn't help. Did some research and found a problem similar to mine. Apparently its the cable I'm trying to use, which happens to be an LG cable.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
That didn't help. Did some research and found a problem similar to mine. Apparently its the cable I'm trying to use, which happens to be an LG cable.
Yeah, you have to use the factory supplied cable and charger to get the desired results most of the time. Glad you figured out what the issue was.

OP
itzjusmee

itzjusmee

Reaction score
Yeah, you have to use the factory supplied cable and charger to get the desired results most of the time. Glad you figured out what the issue was.

My lovely dog decided rubber coating and copper was on the menu at the time. Lol. Appreciate the help though!