My Vista PC Can't Connect To My Verizon Droid X As A Bluetooth Modem

5smoothstones

Reaction score
I have the Droid X recognized by the my Vista PC, it sees it, it's paired, connected. Now what is my next step to getting my PC to use my Verizon Droid X as a modem to the internet?

I believe I need to connect to it as a dialup modem under the bluetooth devices section in Vista, however the dialog is asking for information to connect such as Username, Password, a number to Dial.

Help please!

Snowman83

Reaction score
try pda net. PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android also theres an app that you have to get out of the market called pda net that you need to put on your phone, you have to set it so the phone goes in to debugging mode, go to settings, applications, then to development and check usb debugging. once you have both installed on your comp and droid, go to the app and enable usb tether then connect on your pc and then you should have internet. i use this on my mac and it works but if you have any more questions theres videos on youtube that will show you how. hope this helps

OP

5smoothstones

Reaction score
Can't the Droid X be used as a dialup modem via bluetooth without any added software?