Having a stupid issue

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I got my 2.2 update Tuesday night. Since then I have a hard time moving my apps to any of the home screens, what happens when you long press one and move it to were I want it on the screen when I take my finger off it falls in the trash. It takes severl trys to make it stick where I want it. I didn't have this trouble before, infact sometimes it would take two trys to trash one if I didn't make sure both were red.
Also before the update, I was getting 24+ hours on a charge with moderet use, now I'm only getting about 12. The only thing I have done is turned on some of the widgets I had downloaded but didn't have room for, like weatherbug, a clock and a calander, are widgets juice hogs?

I got my 2.2 update Tuesday night. Since then I have a hard time moving my apps to any of the home screens, what happens when you long press one and move it to were I want it on the screen when I take my finger off it falls in the trash. It takes severl trys to make it stick where I want it. I didn't have this trouble before, infact sometimes it would take two trys to trash one if I didn't make sure both were red.
Also before the update, I was getting 24+ hours on a charge with moderet use, now I'm only getting about 12. The only thing I have done is turned on some of the widgets I had downloaded but didn't have room for, like weatherbug, a clock and a calander, are widgets juice hogs?

I assume you are running completely stock, no root, and got the Froyo update OTA from Verizon? Not sure why the drag method isn't working, but does it work alright if you long press on the home screen>Shortcut>Applications>YourApp?

For the battery issue, I would DL something like OS Monitor and see what apps are running and consuming CPU time. 12 hours sounds about right for a stock Droid though with moderate use. I never got anywhere close to 24hrs when I was stock, back in the 2.0.1 days. You've done a complete battery pull and cold boot since the update?

I assume you are running completely stock, no root, and got the Froyo update OTA from Verizon? Not sure why the drag method isn't working, but does it work alright if you long press on the home screen>Shortcut>Applications>YourApp?

For the battery issue, I would DL something like OS Monitor and see what apps are running and consuming CPU time. 12 hours sounds about right for a stock Droid though with moderate use. I never got anywhere close to 24hrs when I was stock, back in the 2.0.1 days. You've done a complete battery pull and cold boot since the update?

Yes stock, no root, and the OTA update, I can drag them up if I "toss" them on the screen letting them land were they may, it's when you try to move them to a different spot on the screen, sepecially if their is not one under it. Then sometimes I have no issue with the move. I rebooted but i did not pull the battery, but now i will try that. the battery list things shows most of the useage going to display,( on auto) then calls, evertihing else is pretty low precent wise. What about the widgets? ok or bad?

the battery list things shows most of the useage going to display,( on auto) then calls, evertihing else is pretty low precent wise. What about the widgets? ok or bad?

The Battery Use tool doesn't show specific processes, but I would check the Power Control Widget, make sure its not turning on GPS and Bluetooth. Those are kicked on for me when I flash a new ROM and boot the first time. I'd also take a look at your display brightness settings, is it set to Automatic? I usually keep mine on its dimmest settings indoors and then ratchet it to max outdoors.

The OSMonitor app will show individual processes. Like I said though, 12 hours seems about right for stock and moderate use, at least, it was normal for my phone when I stock. Its been a while though.dancedroid

Widgets are indeed battery drains. The more you have, the slower your Droid is, and the faster your battery drains.

;)

the battery list things shows most of the useage going to display,( on auto) then calls, evertihing else is pretty low precent wise. What about the widgets? ok or bad?

The Battery Use tool doesn't show specific processes, but I would check the Power Control Widget, make sure its not turning on GPS and Bluetooth. Those are kicked on for me when I flash a new ROM and boot the first time. I'd also take a look at your display brightness settings, is it set to Automatic? I usually keep mine on its dimmest settings indoors and then ratchet it to max outdoors.

The OSMonitor app will show individual processes. Like I said though, 12 hours seems about right for stock and moderate use, at least, it was normal for my phone when I stock. Its been a while though.dancedroid
My bluetooth is off but the GPS has been on, screen on auto, I going to kill some widgets

Back