Have 1/2 root access but not complete

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Im having something similar. I have root but cant get TWRP or Safe Strap to install. Maybe Ill update the SU Binaries tomorrow, and try again.

azureb1aze

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem as you guys down to the last detail. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this half root, or does someone know a way to remove the root without root access to maybe start the process from the beginning?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I'm having the exact same problem as you guys down to the last detail. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this half root, or does someone know a way to remove the root without root access to maybe start the process from the beginning?

you shouldn't have to remove anything, just try to root again. i have heard a few people say, it took a couple tries before it worked.

azureb1aze

Reaction score
added information

Well it worked for a little bit at first and I didn't think about it breaking so I don't have root keeper. Anyway I have done the quick easy method a lot of times and the live CD method twice and it's root access is still not accessible, but root checker does show that su only the binary is on legacy. I figure if the first try worked then if I can remove root and do it from scratch again I should be able to maybe boot strap. Oh I have also tried factory reseting too.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Well it worked for a little bit at first and I didn't think about it breaking so I don't have root keeper. Anyway I have done the quick easy method a lot of times and the live CD method twice and it's root access is still not accessible, but root checker does show that su only the binary is on legacy. I figure if the first try worked then if I can remove root and do it from scratch again I should be able to maybe boot strap. Oh I have also tried factory reseting too.

so you are saying, you had root then it just stopped working? no ota updates or anything
what do you mean by the quick and easy method?
if your phone is up to date, you need to use the VM method, it is my opinion that the live cd method no longer works because of changes in the linux file system.

azureb1aze

Reaction score
so you are saying, you had root then it just stopped working? no ota updates or anything
what do you mean by the quick and easy method?
if your phone is up to date, you need to use the VM method, it is my opinion that the live cd method no longer works because of changes in the linux file system.

I meant the VM method that's where it started working from. Lol before root broke.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
unfortunately i don't have a magic solution for you.
personally, when something isn't working right or acting normal, i prefer to flash it back clean and start over. a lot of people frown on this solution but its usually quicker to just eliminate the problem rather than waste time looking for a solution you may never find.

rootedkapooyah

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy s2 sgh-t989
Hi all I have a kinda strange situation here.

1. I have gone and installed the new JB OTA on my Bionic and the update all went well no problems at all.

2. Now this is the part that gets all strange I went and tried to update the Super user binaries, I go through the up date process it down loads ok then the app asks for SU permission and it fails.

this is the part I do not get, I have quite a few root apps installed and they all have root permission and work fine no problems at all. so I went and did a test I had set cpu installed working no problem all works fine. I then went and uninstalled it and re installed it opened it up and now it can not gain root access.

This is my problem I have no idea how to fix the problem or if there is a fix at all.

So I have half root, all the apps installed have root but any new ones will not be granted.

Any help wold be great.

Same here almost my phone says it has root permission but it says it doesn't have root how do I fix my phone its a Samsung galaxy s2 sgh t989