Have 1/2 root access but not complete

camaro1173

Reaction score
Hi all I have a kinda strange situation here.

1. I have gone and installed the new JB OTA on my Bionic and the update all went well no problems at all.

2. Now this is the part that gets all strange I went and tried to update the Super user binaries, I go through the up date process it down loads ok then the app asks for SU permission and it fails.

this is the part I do not get, I have quite a few root apps installed and they all have root permission and work fine no problems at all. so I went and did a test I had set cpu installed working no problem all works fine. I then went and uninstalled it and re installed it opened it up and now it can not gain root access.

This is my problem I have no idea how to fix the problem or if there is a fix at all.

So I have half root, all the apps installed have root but any new ones will not be granted.

Any help wold be great.

bbucks36

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Went to SU and showed that it failed when updating binary files. But had root access. Went to play store and updated the SU apk. Fixed my issue. Also there is a SU fixer apk in the play store. Hope this helps.

Ripsurfer08

Reaction score
Ive had similar problem.. Had 2 rooted bionics. #1 bionic kept root no problem using OTA rootkeeper. the problem is with my bionic #2. It too is only half rooted.. Root checker says its rooted, however ota rootkeeper does not have the "root permission granted" checked.. Greenify and droid wall works but not wifi tether or titanium.

Ripsurfer08

Reaction score
That failed... I think im going to need to downgrade when soneone figures out how to do that (JB to ICS). Then i can reroot..

OP
camaro1173

camaro1173

Reaction score
bbucks36 thanks for the idea I gave it a try and no go. I am going to do some digging to see if I can find a some way to fix.

OP
camaro1173

camaro1173

Reaction score
:biggrin: fixed

This is what I did to fix my problem with su binary

1 go to the site Superuser down load su binary zip only for the ARM
2 go to recovery I used safe strap that was on my phone already
3 go to install find the su zip on your sd card and flash
4 reboot all done

This worked for me fixed my problem no more 1/2 root hope this helps some one out there.

deduct

Reaction score
:biggrin: fixed

This is what I did to fix my problem with su binary

1 go to the site Superuser down load su binary zip only for the ARM
2 go to recovery I used safe strap that was on my phone already
3 go to install find the su zip on your sd card and flash
4 reboot all done

This worked for me fixed my problem no more 1/2 root hope this helps some one out there.

This is the easiest fix alright. I had the zip but could not open safe strap to flash it because I could not get root permissions.

OP
camaro1173

camaro1173

Reaction score
deduct
I see your problem and it is good that you found a way around to fix it. It is good to have the link here as well so if some one need info they have it.

Ripsurfer08

Reaction score
I could not flash the binary zip also. I only have the stock recovery..when i get to the recovery option, it stops at the picture of an android with a triangle coming out of its chest..
Any thoughts on how to flash the binary zip..?
Ive tried installing bootstrap app but that is not working either..

OP
camaro1173

camaro1173

Reaction score
I could not flash the binary zip also. I only have the stock recovery..when i get to the recovery option, it stops at the picture of an android with a triangle coming out of its chest..
Any thoughts on how to flash the binary zip..?
Ive tried installing bootstrap app but that is not working either..

You can try this link it was posted when I came back to answer your post.
I can not conferm if this works or not, hope it helps

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/242815-bionic-jb-has-been-rooted.html

dataz722

Reaction score
Was this ever fixed? I am having the exact same problem and am unable to flash the new binaries. It just fails everytime.

jssmith76

Reaction score
Yeah, I couldn't update the binaries thru stock recovery either. Still stuck at half root. Guess I'll have to look at the other post and read about the Linux stuff.