Has the battery life been announced or did I miss it?

tc1

Reaction score
Google and Samsung not mentioning the battery life makes me nervous.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
just buy an extra batter from amazon for like $20 and dont worry about it. plus the Verizon one may have something in the range of 2000 mah battery since the case has to be slightly thicker anyway to get the LTE antenna in there.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Google and Samsung not mentioning the battery life makes me nervous.

To answer the title of this thread... No to both, haha.

just buy an extra batter from amazon for like $20 and dont worry about it. plus the Verizon one may have something in the range of 2000 mah battery since the case has to be slightly thicker anyway to get the LTE antenna in there.

Someone noted that the pictures of the battery show mention of the NFC Antenna being part of the battery itself. There are fears this will greatly increase the cost of an extra battery.

busab

Reaction score
I makes me a little nervous too. But on the other hand the Motorola Razr has almost identical specs with the exception of a smaller lower resolution screen and its still running gingerbread and they are claiming 12.5 hours of talk. So im hopeful.

I had read somewhere (not sure where) that somebody who had the galaxy nexus averaged around 6 hours of constant heavy use. But I don't know what they define as "heavy use".

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score

Seriously man, people have got to stop allowing this to happen.

At what point do shady back room deals start happening?

HTC- hey Verizon , we will release a severely underpowered battery with our phone and then we will split the profits with you when you sell the extended batteries.

Verizon-sounds profitable...let's do it.

You see the problem here?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Seriously man, people have got to stop allowing this to happen.

At what point do shady back room deals start happening?

HTC- hey Verizon , we will release a severely underpowered battery with our phone and then we will split the profits with you when you sell the extended batteries.

Verizon-sounds profitable...let's do it.

You see the problem here?

+1. Never thought about it that way, but nonetheless, +1.

ice456789

Reaction score
Spare batteries are like expansion packs for video games. You're ticked that they didn't do it right in the first place, but you know you're probably gonna end up buying it.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I makes me a little nervous too. But on the other hand the Motorola Razr has almost identical specs with the exception of a smaller lower resolution screen and its still running gingerbread and they are claiming 12.5 hours of talk. So im hopeful.

I had read somewhere (not sure where) that somebody who had the galaxy nexus averaged around 6 hours of constant heavy use. But I don't know what they define as "heavy use".

Well, HTC heavy use is 2 phone calls and leaving Wifi on all day. (No gps or data, that'd be extreme, nobody uses that!) xD I think they've finally gotten it to last for about that with a couple phone calls! ;)

From what I've read though, Sammy has pretty good battery life! :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

tmach

Reaction score
Well, HTC heavy use is 2 phone calls and leaving Wifi on all day. (No gps or data, that'd be extreme, nobody uses that!) xD I think they've finally gotten it to last for about that with a couple phone calls! ;)

From what I've read though, Sammy has pretty good battery life! :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

Yeah, the only way I've found to get good battery life from my HTC Inc. is to root the thing and get rid of Sense. Now I can get 24+ hours per charge. A friend somehow gets 18+ hours out of his Inc2 with sense and without rooting and replacing the kernel or anything. Wish I could get that out of my Inc with Sense.. at least until it's new phone time, which I think is December for me..

huskyhavok

Reaction score
I actually have a samsung charge and my battery life is horrible. it will last 8 hours if i do NOTHING on my phone and I use android advanced task killer. If I use my gps i might get 4 hours (I'm charging my gps in the car while I'm using it too by the way.) The Nexus doesn't have bloatware so I hope that's the only reason why my phone is dying. Sad to say this but my HTC Incredible actually had better battery life than my charge!:hail:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually have a samsung charge and my battery life is horrible. it will last 8 hours if i do NOTHING on my phone and I use android advanced task killer. If I use my gps i might get 4 hours (I'm charging my gps in the car while I'm using it too by the way.) The Nexus doesn't have bloatware so I hope that's the only reason why my phone is dying. Sad to say this but my HTC Incredible actually had better battery life than my charge!:hail:

Advanced Task Killer is probably your issue. Uninstall that crap and see if your battery life improves.

Ninjak

Reaction score
Advanced Task Killer is probably your issue. Uninstall that crap and see if your battery life improves.

Agreed. You don't have that set to auto-kill stuff, do you, huskyhavok? Because it'll just keep killing every several seconds when the killed process starts back up. I use ATF, but have it set to manual, only killing apps/processes when I choose (generally when first powering up the phone).

huskyhavok

Reaction score
Agreed. You don't have that set to auto-kill stuff, do you, huskyhavok? Because it'll just keep killing every several seconds when the killed process starts back up. I use ATF, but have it set to manual, only killing apps/processes when I choose (generally when first powering up the phone).

nope i don't i just use it when i need it. i think it's cause i have my screen res brightness on auto. i'll just change it to the lowest possible but then i can't enjoy the nice screen lol

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Generally, if you're on Froyo or newer, task killers do more harm than good. Android is pretty efficient now, let it do its job.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but have you tried Juice Defender? It's a similar type app, that monitors and manages processes that use your battery. I know a few people with the Charge and it helped quite a bit. In all honesty, if you know what you're doing you should be able to do what these apps do for you, manually, and with a bit more control.