Has Anyone Rooted OTA Gingerbread on Droid 2 w/Pete Souza's D3 Utility?

receptacle

Reaction score
Has Anyone Rooted OTA Gingerbread on Droid 2 w/Pete Souza's D3 Utility? ( Pete's DROID 3 Page )

It says it's known to work on Droid 2 Global, but I don't want to assume that necessarily means Droid 2 (A955).

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used the Linux version to root my Droid 2 Gingerbread. It works great!

Yes indeed and I had to use pc mode to get it to run..there is a vid a kid did (lol) and someone posted it...I watched it and my phone wouldn't work until I put in pcmode...darned kid..lol but he was on d3 don't know why it would be any different....

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
And yes it says on the link I read that it does work on global, in fact it didn't say d2..lol
Meaning non global d2..it said d2global for sure and of course it worked for me but in pcmode...!

vagabond

Reaction score
Yup, did it today as a matter of fact. can't remember where I got it, just ran it like it says to and voila. If it goes south let us know.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

neilrl79

Reaction score
I used the one click method originally posted on rootzwiki to root mu wifes D2, worked great. It worked with the phone in usb charge only mode

MarkSmith1969

Reaction score
Root Droid problems

Has Anyone Rooted OTA Gingerbread on Droid 2 w/Pete Souza's D3 Utility? ( Pete's DROID 3 Page )

It says it's known to work on Droid 2 Global, but I don't want to assume that necessarily means Droid 2 (A955).

I can't get it to work :( I have a droid 2 (not global). Pete's one click just says 'searching for the phone' even when I have it connected with USB.
I have tried to do it with USB debugging on and off.

Maybe its looking for a droid 2 glbal rather than a plain Droid 2?

I also have failed with z4root - which worked fine for android 2.2 but not with the new 2.3. It just hangs or 'force close' when I try to root with z4

HELP !!!
thanks

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I used the adb method, worked flawlessly. Mark, make sure you have the moto usb drivers installed, or else your computer won't recognize the phone.

Stika525

Reaction score
Got this to work on my Droid 2 Global. But I can't find a wireless tether app that works. Anyone have or know of one that works?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get it to work :( I have a droid 2 (not global). Pete's one click just says 'searching for the phone' even when I have it connected with USB.
I have tried to do it with USB debugging on and off.

Maybe its looking for a droid 2 glbal rather than a plain Droid 2?

I also have failed with z4root - which worked fine for android 2.2 but not with the new 2.3. It just hangs or 'force close' when I try to root with z4

HELP !!!
thanks

Ok...this happened to me...had to put in pc mode and bammmmm! Woked like a charm...idk why..I tried everything else and followed all directions..try that!! Bet it works!