Has anyone extended their 30 day exchange?

rsarno

Reaction score
Im 3 weeks into my 30 day window, on a Moto Droid. I have already decided to get a dInc ... but the bastid is not in stock, and keeps getting pushed.

If I order the phones (for 2 of my lines) and pay in advance, is it possible i can get an extension onto my 30 day window, to allow the dInc to ship?

I can return these phones now, but i dont have dummy phones to activate to keep the line open. It seems like a big inconvenience that was not my fault at all, id think they should consider it.

Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My guess is that you would have to exchange for something in stock but why ask us? Call *611 and ask them.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Why not just wait for the droid x and do the spring 30 day money back guarantee thing till then.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
Okay i called 611 and worked it all out.

They called the store to get them to approve it, and the store said its fine. As long as i order the phone now, I can hold the 2 moto droids until the dInc is in my hand.

So i placed the order now, got the crummy date of 7/15 :(

The one thing im not totally happy about, is using my only exchange ... so in case i get the phones and for whatever reason don't like them, im screwed.

The Droid X is too large for my wife, and we have a cute little thing that we always have the same phones, hehe .... so the dInc it is. At least she didnt force me into an iPhone haha.

EDIT, another thing that pissed me off is that they said i cna only use $500 of credit on my account to use it, but the phones come to $629 ... and they hav no way of doing partial pay on a CC, so i had to lay it all out on my CC. That's retarded lol.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
EDIT, another thing that pissed me off is that they said i cna only use $500 of credit on my account to use it, but the phones come to $629 ... and they hav no way of doing partial pay on a CC, so i had to lay it all out on my CC. That's retarded lol.

That is ridiculous. When I got my first Storm they offered to put it on my bill for me, I didn't even have to lay out a dime. Guess they changed policy on that because when I ordered the Storm 2 it was cash up front.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score

That is ridiculous. When I got my first Storm they offered to put it on my bill for me, I didn't even have to lay out a dime. Guess they changed policy on that because when I ordered the Storm 2 it was cash up front.

They would let me charge just 1 phone to the bill, if i was ordering just 1. But my order was for 2 of them ... and the total out of pocket exceeded $500 so i must use a CC

is what she said

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
Ouch, July 15th...doesn't the X come out the 16th?

Not sure, but i dont want the X lol ...

Too large, firstly.
Also i saw some reviews about some camera issues. Camera is important to me, and i heard the dInc is perfect.

Also my wife loves the Sense UI

Also the Siedo Case, and extended battery are already out

I am sure it will be rooted in time, if i even want to go that route. My Droid is not rooted, and i love it.

And 2.2 has to come eventually, right?? RIGHT?? lol