Has anybody done a screen replacement for the GNex?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
A few weeks back, I dropped my phone one time too many and the screen finally cracked down in the lower right corner. It still functions just fine...responds to touch and all, and it really isn't too bad of a crack and doesn't bother me much. Since Asurion no longer carries the Nexus I've thought about tearing into the phone and swapping the screen out. I'm a PC tech so it's semi-familiar territory to me, I've just never ripped into a phone before like this. I've watched videos from YouTube and it seems pretty straightforward.

So just a general question for anyone who's done this, how was your experience? I've order a replacement screen off eBay...thinking about ordering another battery cover and then doing some custom work to the phone...just a new paint job.

Post up what you've dealt with...

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I wanted to give an update as I received the replacement screen today. The replacement job went extremely well. Very simple and straightforward, particularly anyone with some experience with this sort of thing. The connections were a bit on the small side and some parts seemed delicate but with the right touch, the required parts came right out of the old shell and swapped directly into the new. The best part is, everything works still. LOL.

I've got a like new phone again. I didn't go the customizing route after all but at least I know what I'm in for when doing one of these repairs now.

If you have the ambition, give it a try!