Hard Reset Unsuccesful

Erasmus

Reaction score
Hey, I need some help with my Droid 2. Here is what has been happening with it as of recent.

About two days or so ago i noticed my phone was randomly calling me from a previous # via myself as a facebook contact. I knew it was off and just shut my phone off and reset it. Today it was working just fine up untill about a half hour ago where it was spazing out and going to random pages on the phone. I.e. Facebook, blank page, contacts, windows 1-5 via side scroll etc.

So i looked into how to reset it completely and used the POWER button and X to hard reset my phone. Then I turned it on and it still is having the random clicking and no touching of the screen is recognized.

Anyways, thats my problem and not sure how it started. any help would be great. My plan is to take it into a VZW store tomorrow.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a hardware problem, probably involving the digitizer. Has it been exposed to excessive moisture?

tappin and a talkin

OP
E

Erasmus

Reaction score
Nope, it has not been near water or moisture.

You think its a hardware problem and not a software problem? What about the possibility of information hacked, some kind of virus, application that installed something?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is basically science fiction. There are no viruses on the android platform and certainly not any capable of remote control. Have you been using a different charger than the one that came with the phone?

tappin and a talkin

OP
E

Erasmus

Reaction score
nope. same charger. I do connect it to my macbook when I'm using the computer, i don't see how that would interfere though.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No that would be fine. I asked because some people report similar issues when using non stock charger, specifically blackberry charger. If its non functional and you haven't gotten it wet then it should be covered under the factory warranty. I would take it back to VZW and see what they can do.

This is based on my assumption that its hardware related though and someone else might have a fix for you.

tappin and a talkin

tcamca

Reaction score
Well, maybe not viruses, but what about dubious permissions, phone contacts etc? A script's a script, no? Just askin here....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I understand. But it hasn't been seen in the wild or captivity yet, nor do I think It's possible.

tappin and a talkin

OP
E

Erasmus

Reaction score
Sigh... phone works now. Not sure why ha. oh well. if the problem persists i'll take it in to be looked at. best way to recover contacts?