Haptic Feedback bug and GB?

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
Yesterday I updated to the rooted version of Gingerbread 2.3.3 [4.5.596], for the most part I like it much better than the rooted stock Froyo I was running before. One thing I've noticed so far, is that I have Haptic Feedback unchecked in the settings, but my keyboard still vibrates when I type in any messaging app. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just my phone? If so, is there any fix or workaround?

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I am assuming you are using the stock keyboard and not another one like SwiftKey? If so you will need to change the settings of that keyboard app.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Unfortunately I am not sure what to tell you then. You may try to intentionally enable haptic feedback (check the vibrate on keypress) and reboot the phone. Then try to disable it again.

It may be related to some of your issue last night in the other thread about going to rooted .596 and the Titanium restore issue. You may try going into Manage Applications>All and clear data on Multi-touch Keyboard and Settings.

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions jonathan. I tried both of them, but unfortunetly didn't have any luck. The next thing I might try is a seperate keyboard app. Any suggestions on a good one? I really liked the stock one, so I've never had a reason to look for something else.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Swiftkey X beta is awesome and currently free. SwiftKey is a great app but it is paid. I reccomend the X beta though, and if you like it when they release the final version you can buy it.

keenema

Reaction score
to turn off the haptic feedback when messaging:

settings--language&keyboard--multi-touch keyboard--uncheck the vibrate on keypress

and there you have it, haptic feedback is off:)