Happy Father's Day

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with-fathers-day-approaching_1434702669.jpg

What are some of the most memorable times you have had with your father (whether it was going to a ball game, concert, fishing, or hunting)?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Happy Fathers Day everyone!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Happy Dad's Day to all you Dads, future Dads and wanna be Dads.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Make no mistake...i love my kid..He's the best thing that ever happened to me :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not a story of my dad and I, but an awkward encounter. My stepson was at his dad's yesterday (as it should be), so the wife and I were doing yard work. We go to the hardware store and get our supplies. We're loading up the truck by the front door when the boy's grandparents on his dad's side come out. We get along with them just fine. The wife still cuts their hair for them and the mom is actually my friend on Facebook as well as having let my wife know when she saw a posting for a job I might be interested in.

Anyway, my stepson's dad's mom told me Happy Father's Day yesterday. Kinda awkward, though it's cool too.

As much as I love the little guy, I don't feel that I deserve special recognition on Father's Day, especially since his dad is still a large part of his life. Might be different if he wasn't in the picture, but, to me, Father's Day is HIS day.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not a story of my dad and I, but an awkward encounter. My stepson was at his dad's yesterday (as it should be), so the wife and I were doing yard work. We go to the hardware store and get our supplies. We're loading up the truck by the front door when the boy's grandparents on his dad's side come out. We get along with them just fine. The wife still cuts their hair for them and the mom is actually my friend on Facebook as well as having let my wife know when she saw a posting for a job I might be interested in.

Anyway, my stepson's dad's mom told me Happy Father's Day yesterday. Kinda awkward, though it's cool too.

As much as I love the little guy, I don't feel that I deserve special recognition on Father's Day, especially since his dad is still a large part of his life. Might be different if he wasn't in the picture, but, to me, Father's Day is HIS day.
Yes Jonny, I hear you but don't forget that you are his stepfather (key word being father). I'm sure you do many things for him that qualify as parenting and also many things that qualify as being a dad. Take ownership and accept recognition. You deserve it

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree with FoxKat, you are a very positive father figure in his life and are important to him in ways you don't realize. My stepdad was as much or more my dad as my real dad. Not because he tried or wanted to replace my real dad but because he was a constant, because the relationship was just a bit different, because of who he was as a person. Discussions that were difficult to approach with my real dad were easier to approach/more comfortable with my step dad, for no other reason than, as a kid, it just was. I miss my step dad very much. He was a very special person in my life and, even though your step son still has an active dad in his life, you will also be very special. Happy Father's Day!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I appreciate the kind words. As I said, I definitely feel a paternal love/responsibility to help teach him. My post was more a comment on our overall situation. The fact that the boy's dad's mom told me Happy Father's Day. I hope that he'll one day see that the things I try to teach him are to his own benefit. Sometimes I wonder. Haha!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh, believe me, he will. I'm talking from my own individual experience. As a teenager, I'm surprised my step dad didn't want to kill me and I certainly didn't always appreciate him then or I pretended I didn't but I always knew he was looking out for my best interest. As an adult I have the utmost love & respect for him. I'm sure you will go through the same things with your step son. It is definitely not always going to be easy but you will do very well by him bc you have the right attitude. I think it is awesome that his paternal grandparents understand & respect the important role that you play in your step son's life.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk