Handcent SMS

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That's a safe bet I'd say. I've been using it for a while. If you have any questions let me know, I'm not a pro but maybe I'll be able to answer it.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_G-Nex

I do have one, I can't find the setting to make it not hide my keyboard after I send a message. OP I am sorry didn't mean to steal your thunder on this thread, but I do thank you because it sparked me to try a third party SMS program. PS I love that I can finally hit the enter key to send a text message.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I do have one, I can't find the setting to make it not hide my keyboard after I send a message. OP I am sorry didn't mean to steal your thunder on this thread, but I do thank you because it sparked me to try a third party SMS program. PS I love that I can finally hit the enter key to send a text message.

I remember it had that function but it looks like it is not in the settings anymore. At least I don't see it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
:(

That is the only thing I don't like about it, I type messages back to back quite a bit and I keep having to reopen the keypad. Still a great program though.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry, I'll keep looking around in there. Kind of on the run so I may have missed it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No worries, there are a lot of options for this program I could have easily missed it too. Found the one for the keyboard to show up when you open a message, just not the one to stop making it disappear after you send one. The search continues, appreciate the help.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No worries, there are a lot of options for this program I could have easily missed it too. Found the one for the keyboard to show up when you open a message, just not the one to stop making it disappear after you send one. The search continues, appreciate the help.

Hmm, I am wondering if that is what I was thinking of. Oh well, will keep an eye out regardless.

cece5702

Reaction score
Thats ok...take over.. Lol... I might learn something in the process. I havent tried Go SMS so I might have to check that one out as well.

cece5702

Reaction score
I like Handcent because of the pop up notification screen each time I get text. I dont have to open the entire app to read and respond. I love it. I'm sure Go SMS has the same feature.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I like Handcent because of the pop up notification screen each time I get text. I dont have to open the entire app to read and respond. I love it. I'm sure Go SMS has the same feature.

It does have that feature and you can customize that pop up quite a bit to make it how you like it. Plus from what I have seen they have many different themes available for it. Still learning it myself of course, I am just bias towards GoSMS because I use most other GO products.

mbell75

Reaction score
If you ever want to check out another one that has a lot of options as well then there is always Go SMS. Handcent works very well but if you like choices then check it out and compare.

Does GoSMS work ok with voicemail? I had GoSMS on my Galaxy S2 with Sprint and every time I would get a voicemail, it would send me two texts from random numbers letting me know I received a message. Visual Voicemail wouldn't work. I had to dial my number and check my VM that way. Very frustrating

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Does GoSMS work ok with voicemail? I had GoSMS on my Galaxy S2 with Sprint and every time I would get a voicemail, it would send me two texts from random numbers letting me know I received a message. Visual Voicemail wouldn't work. I had to dial my number and check my VM that way. Very frustrating

I never had it send me a text for a voice mail and I have never used visual voice mail so I am not sure about that one.

jtc303

Reaction score
Im with sydman... the GO team is the way to go... I use golauncher... gosms... gowidget go contacts... very customizable

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
GO Sms wins over Handcent. I've been using this for the past two days. The only thing I don't like is the GO Dialer. When you make a phone call it defaults back to the stock dialer. Love GO Contacts though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

cdf3

Reaction score
I prefer 3rd party SMS apps as well. It allows me to set custom notifications for my SMS contacts. Such as notification sounds, blinking led color, vibration, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wopback

Reaction score
Wow!! SMS go is popular.....I'm gonna give it a go.....question though. How do you set it to show messages in order of receiving and replying? All my messages from contacts are scattered in conversation, not correct time order? Thanks!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums