Handcent issues on Bionic

jthorpe

Reaction score
Well I have about three major issues today with handcent where when I would open a thread to send a message to someone, it would actually go to someone else. That is very not cool. I used handcent on my X with no issues at all but this is kind of freaky. The last thing I need is to have important information sent to the wrong person. Uninstalled until someone can assure me that it won't happen again. I have had the problem since I went back to the stock app. This is just not cool in so many ways.

musicphan

Reaction score
Several Issues with Bionic

I'm also having several issues with the handcent on the bionic. It's not saving any of my settings, and it's messing up some of the other apps on my phone. Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I guess it's back to the standard text setting.

mikespe

Reaction score
It's working on my Bionic just fine. Have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling...maybe clear data too?

mamawm

Reaction score
Haven't had problems with text going to wrong people, but it just wouldn't use any of my settings. The notification ringtone kept informing me I had new emails when I got new texts. Guess I'll live with stock messaging for a while, but it sure feels funny after a year and a half with handcent.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Only1Cammie

Reaction score
I have actually had a text message go to a different person but still show up in the correct persons thread yet they never receive it! This has happened several times. After the first couple of times I uninstalled and reinstalled but then it happened again. Have uninstalled now completely.

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Yup. Same issue here as-well. Sent to one person and its gone to another. Odd thing is on both occasions it went to 2 people who I know are iPhone users. The first time was with handcent the second was on stock messenger app. I think its either an android issue or a verizon network thing. Many people have been complaining about this also

jolivergraham

Reaction score
I never had any problems with my Droid, but now I'm having problems with my Bionic. I haven't had anyone receive the wrong text, but I can't get Handcent to stop reply-all-ing. So imagine, my cousin sends me a text (but it was actually sent to me, my aunt, my uncle, my mom and my dad and I) and I reply to the message, and mention how drunk we got the weekend before and all the deplorable things we did while drunk. All of a sudden, we've got a real awkward stuff to talk about with the Fam over Thanksgiving. . .

Anyone have any recommendations!?

mamawm

Reaction score
stock app seems a bit boring after using handcent for such a long time, but it just works like is should every time, and i have really come to appreciate the simplicity of the stock app.

meaker

Reaction score
hancent has been really slow on my X. So I thought I would uninstall and install but it's not even showing up in the market as of right now

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mamawm

Reaction score
hancent has been really slow on my X. So I thought I would uninstall and install but it's not even showing up in the market as of right now

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
That is so wierd, shows up for Chinese and Korean markets but not regular handcent for us consumption....

carrawaysdroid

Reaction score
Dont use handcent till they fix it! When i use handcent on my bionic it will send my txts to the wrong person 70 percent of the time...i used handcent on my og droid for the last 2 years and im missing it big time the stock txt app is just so plain and boring

mindbender101

Reaction score
Sorry. Working just fine on my bionic as well. And I completely customize all my contacts with handcent and no issues saving data. Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

meaker

Reaction score
Sorry. Working just fine on my bionic as well. And I completely customize all my contacts with handcent and no issues saving data. Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Glad you aren't having any problem but the app is no longer in the market to try uninstalling and reinstalling..

Oklahomachick

Reaction score
I never had a problem with the handcent app. Works great. I been using it for the last 2 yrs and always been pleased with it. Have u tried getting hold of developer or where u purchased phone. Bionic has many problems but i have called about it and most of its just the way u have ur phone set up.