handcent issue, help!

superglen99

Reaction score
I intalled handcent but for some reason my wife does not show up like she does in the contacts. It just has her phone umber-no name and no picture. anyone else have people in their contacts not showing up in handcent and how do you fix this? thanks in advance

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
did you install the newest one from the Market? Reason I ask is that the "older" version did not support pics on the Droid (was a bug).

If so they should automatically populate over..

If you did update and are still running into this issue.
I would try and uninstall and reinstall.

I was running older version updated to newest and they pulled right over.

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
I turned the phone off and back on, still same thing. I also un installed and re installed and it's version 2.9.17 which is the newest one available in the Market. Like I said right now it's just my wife, everyone elses facebook pic show up and in my contacts list her pic is there and profile status but not in handcent, what gives??

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
Is your wifes cell number actually listed under mobile number or programmed under like a work number? I had that same problem.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Is your wifes cell number actually listed under mobile number or programmed under like a work number? I had that same problem.

+1 check this as well.

All my contacts that I sms are listed as mobile and their pics show.

That should solve it for you.

Let us know

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
wow. no she is not listed under contacts in the list but is under favorites. how do I fix that? it's her mobile number and I have other people in my favorites list that are also in my contacts, why isn't she? do I just make a new contact?

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
I added her to the contacts and now it works fine. I wonder why she wasnt in my contacts in the first place but was in my favorite list, weird

94DCTeg

Reaction score
I am having the same problem, I have the most up to date version and still not showing some contacts in the program, I have done everything listed by previous forum members, any suggestions ??

Thank you

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
94DCteg just ad them to the contacts list, thats what I had to do. as I stated my wife was under my favorites but for some strange reason not in my contacts, try that. by the way, I had a 95 GSR with all the goodies for 6 years, it got stolen yesterday:( I saw your name and had to make comment. nice car choice :)

94DCTeg

Reaction score
OK sounds good. That's crappy your teg got jacked. F theives, I sold my integra last may. I had all motor build put down a little over 260 whp. Now I drive an 04 tsx. But I do miss my integra. Sorry I got side tracked with cars LOL. Anyways thanks for the quick reply members I appreciate it

WillR2

Reaction score
So I'm having this problem too. Several contacts pics will not show up in handcent. I've tried making them mobile, they are all in my contacts list, and I have the lastest version. Any help?

94DCTeg

Reaction score
So I'm having this problem too. Several contacts pics will not show up in handcent. I've tried making them mobile, they are all in my contacts list, and I have the lastest version. Any help?

IDK what to say... the program is pretty sweet I Love the App... Just wish the bugs that some of us are having would be working out so its up to par.