Handcent Force Delete

shcamp

Reaction score
Ok...I'm getting very annoyed!!! I absolutely love most of the Handcent App but this is the third time that all my messages have been completed delete... even my locked ones. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do or how to restore them?

rickt1152

Reaction score
Ok...I'm getting very annoyed!!! I absolutely love most of the Handcent App but this is the third time that all my messages have been completed delete... even my locked ones. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do or how to restore them?

I have been using Handcent for over a year and never had this happen. A couple of thoughts, the native messaging app has settings which limit the number of messages in a conversation and if enabled, will delete the messages in Handcent as well, so you should check that setting if you haven't already. Regarding restoring old messages, if you use Titanium Backup, you could do a data restore for Handcent from there which will bring you back to whatever was stored as of your latest backup.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Where is that setting? I can only find it when I'm not looking for it!

I have been using Handcent for over a year and never had this happen. A couple of thoughts, the native messaging app has settings which limit the number of messages in a conversation and if enabled, will delete the messages in Handcent as well, so you should check that setting if you haven't already. Regarding restoring old messages, if you use Titanium Backup, you could do a data restore for Handcent from there which will bring you back to whatever was stored as of your latest backup.

DroidForums junkie!!

rickt1152

Reaction score

In the native messaging app, menu, settings, you will see two options, one is "delete old messages" with a check box, and "text message limit" where you can select a number of messages per conversation. There is also a MMS number as well.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks man!

In the native messaging app, menu, settings, you will see two options, one is "delete old messages" with a check box, and "text message limit" where you can select a number of messages per conversation. There is also a MMS number as well.

DroidForums junkie!!