Handcent custom notifications

stuatc

Reaction score
Is there anyway to set up custom sounds for contacts who do not have a sms/mms message on my phone? It is easy to do for someone who has sent me a message but can I search for contacts and assign them a custom sound without a message being in the list?

dangerous

Reaction score
Is there anyway to set up custom sounds for contacts who do not have a sms/mms message on my phone? It is easy to do for someone who has sent me a message but can I search for contacts and assign them a custom sound without a message being in the list?

Go to Hancent.com

Here is the link..
FAQ

Edit... I think i miss read your question.. if the above link doesn't help.. Sorry..
Edit 1:
Yep.. sorry.. Good Question...

Last edited:
OP
S

stuatc

Reaction score
confusing

I had a feeling my wording was confusing. Thanks for the link! I am familiar with that procedure but I was wondering if I could set up custom ringers for contacts who haven't sent me a message yet (therefore not listed in my threads). Based on the FAQ, I am guessing not. It appears that there must be at least one message from someone before I can assign a custom ringtone for that person. OH well, no great loss. Love the program.