Handcent app and droid x.

Lesjes

Reaction score
I would like to use handcent for all texting. Is there any way to set it as my default for all texts?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid and use Handcent. i moved the stock app to my trash and disabled the notification option. While the stock app still accesses my text messages, it remains in the background if needed.

Mike

OP
L

Lesjes

Reaction score
What notification option did you disable and how do you get there.? Sorry_kinda new at this. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open the stock app. Tap menu, tap settings, look for the notification section and uncheck.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid and use Handcent. i moved the stock app to my trash and disabled the notification option. While the stock app still accesses my text messages, it remains in the background if needed.

Mike

That's smart, I did not think of that. I've been up and down with Handcent. Wanted to use it so bad, but got so tired of the double texts.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Mike

That's smart, I did not think of that. I've been up and down with Handcent. Wanted to use it so bad, but got so tired of the double texts.

Yeah, I bet THAT was annoying!!
Sorry, I couldn't resist! Haha!!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Mike

Sorry, I couldn't resist! Haha!!

LOL!!! Alright, alright, funny guy:)

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
I did the same,uncheck the notifications on the factory messaging,and trash the icon.You dont need to be rooted to do this...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did the same,uncheck the notifications on the factory messaging,and trash the icon.You dont need to be rooted to do this...

Correct! Sorry if I gave the impression that this would only work on a rooted phone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
disable 'auto retrieve' in the stock app as well.

*DroidForums app DOES*

phartwig

Reaction score
I disabled auto retrieve in stock app and the mms messages no longer auto download in handcent. What does unchecking this do?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just disabled notification in the stock app, never disabled auto retrieve.

I disabled auto retrieve in stock app and the mms messages no longer auto download in handcent. What does unchecking this do?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
It stops the app from automatically receiving messages. You should only uncheck in the stock app but leave unchecked in Handcent