Had my phone since 2009 and still happy!

donerico

Reaction score
Hard to believe. Who would have thought that, in the rapidly changing world of cell phone technology, someone who always wants the latest and greatest could be in 2011 still very happy with a phone purchased in 2009! My original Droid is still going strong and even as we speak new ROMs with new features are coming out for it. I am still in no rush to upgrade. I wonder if any other phone, or piece of leading edge technology, will ever accomplish this feat of longevity again.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!

I am in your exact situation. They keep putting out great new phones, but none of the can lure me away from my Droid!! It is apparently a true "unbrickable" phone! And believe me I have given it every opportunity to become a brick in the past 13 months!!

Anyway, enjoy your stay here!! :)

dasanman69

Reaction score
I absolutely love my D1. Easily rooted, no bloatware, and the biggest selection of ROMs. The only drawback is the amount of memory for apps but not bad enough that I want to switch. Nothing out nor forthcoming has even tempted me.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just swap out the memory from the D2 into the Droid like a pc, btw I'm in the same boat, but I'm planning on using my upgrade sometime in the near future, I just may have to call me down some Thunder with a lot of Bolt

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe. Who would have thought that, in the rapidly changing world of cell phone technology, someone who always wants the latest and greatest could be in 2011 still very happy with a phone purchased in 2009!
It's really more a matter of the person than the tech IMO. Some people aren't happy just minutes after the purchase no matter what they choose.

dbst

Reaction score
I love my OG Droid, the only thing that make me want to upgrade is the gold paint peeled off of my camera button. Call me OCD...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
same here i got my OG droid the day it came out in 2009 and still love it allthough i am itching for a new phone.

since CES starts on Thursday i'm sure there will be many new releases unveiled so ill prolly have a new phone as soon as one of those comes out... right now i am keeping my eye on the HTC Thunderbolt.

GeLopez

Reaction score
Same boat, love my Droid 1. dancedroiddancedroid and the dancing bananas :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

ntrddragn

Reaction score
same here. :D I like it so much that I for go a D2 replacement for it. I just learned to live with the depressed power button. LOL

brochaos

Reaction score
yes, one of the longest lasting tech purchases i've ever made as well. although a few months back i got my gf an incredible and damn does that thing fly...

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Same boat. I can't justify a $500+ purchase or a $200 upgrade + 2 year contract with the phones that are out right now. The original droid rocks and does everything I want it to do. 4G isn't standard yet and it is still a new technology. I'll wait till late next year to even think about upgrading. Rooted with BB.06 and I couldn't be happier.

montlyfool

Reaction score
Still going better

Still have my OG Droid and with the tweaks and updates, and a lot of information here on the forums, it is better than ever. Cosmetically it looks like it took a hit on every corner and no more gold camera button, but overall, still ticking. Had since it first came out and not looking to upgrade anytime soon.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The ONLY reason I want to updgrade my D1 is for a bigger screen.. I watch TV and movies all day while at work and on breaks. I love my D1. Does everything. Just would like a little bigger screen. Was not due for upgrade till this past hoiday and well knowing what is coming in the pipeline DX just wouldn't cut it for another year... Thunderbolt looks good. Been waiting for it, but with the love I still have for the D1 I might hold out just a couple more months and see what lands before going bigger. Like the rest the D1 is in my opinion unbrickable. I flashed a new SBF back in Feb to get the custom logo rather then the M logo and have been running that SBF modded with updates since. I love my D1.. just wish I had a little larger screen.. Nothing tab size as it still needs to go in my pocket.... Lets go CES.. Show me something groundbreaking like the D1.. dancedroid

gsDroid

Reaction score
Still loving my droid purchased on day 1. I'm eligible for an upgrade already, but with Pete's bb 0.6.2 rom I can wait until the exact phone I want is available and I won't feel bad about waiting.

Looking for 4+ inch screen, dual core, 2 cameras, lte, and no physical kb. Bring it on or I keep my beloved droid.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also bought my beloved :D on 11/6/2009 - and it still amazes me on a daily basis...I am itching for an upgrade though, but it's just my mentality and has nothing to do with my Droid