G'zone Commando Broken Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwhatichoose7

Reaction score
I am a Marine, and have been through six phones in the last year. In most cases it was cause the phones were crushed in circumstances that I didn't expect the phones to survive anyway. Up till this last phone I had yet to drop a phone and the glass break at waist high. But due to my current track record, I went into my verizon store requesting something more rugged. They suggested the Commando. It is a phone that offers me the freedom to use the droid system(which is awesome) and have all the capabilities of my prior phones. My unit was stationed at a local hotel for a few days, and on my way on to the elevator I pulled the phone out of my pocket. I dropped the phone from waist high. The glass shattered. I am sad to say that for now, The verizon company has treated me like an unimportant unintelligent reject, and the casio company has ignored and made contacting them about the phone impossible. I am still currently out of town and would like to know if anyone has any more help or information on how I can go about getting my screen replaced.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your service. I'm sorry to hear that the phone broke, I would have thought that phone would have taken more abuse than that.

Good luck with getting it fixed.

sent from my ApeX

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I guess it really wasn't ad rugged as mentioned huh? Lol just kidding. Hopefully u can get to a Verizon store. Can they not replace it and u pay a deductible thru Asurion?

Droid2Global/Xoom...the hawaiian style

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, I misspelled that. Its Commando not Commander... Fail

sent from my ApeX

Last edited:

npro1464

Reaction score
If you wanted an indestructible phone, you should have bought a Droid 1 off of Craigslist. I've dropped that thing on concrete so many times without a case and the screen (and just about everything else) stays just fine.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking about doing that, but more for the unlocked bootloader...

sent from my ApeX

S

SFGate

After six months, sure hope the OP got the phone fixed or got a new one.

madmanmarz

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. USMC + cracked glass. Any idea of the site above is legit? Not sure I just wanna send off my phone to some unknown company.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if you bust that many phones your best bet is save your insurance (and deductible!) and just buy good used phones off EBAY. Not sure what you insurance plan is, but it's like $8 a month plus @$100 for replacement....so if you go through 1 phone a year, that costs you $200 plus whatever initial cost you paid for the phone.

If you keep the apps & widgets light, an overclocked D1 with Bugless Beast is a pretty solid phone. Should be able to get 1 for $100 or less, and with all the new phones coming out there will be even more D1's (and later phones) for cheap. And if you bust one, you can even make a few bucks back hocking the SD card and battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.