Gutteran here with my Intro

Gutteran

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I have been using this site ever since I got my Droid 2 over a year ago. It's been a great source of information for me so thanks to the creators, moderators and contributors. My Droid 2 turned me from a casual Google user to a superfan, and I am excited for all the things yet to come. I now have a Droid 2 Global due to an insurance replacement and after having had an Android phone for a while, I'm ready to root and get rid of Motoblur. I joined so I can find some information as well as share my experiences with rooting with others who have questions.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to the Forum!! Glad to see you finally made it out of the shadows.

And I must say you have the right attitude for sure. Keep on asking and a sharing with the other great members we have here!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. just be sure to read up as much as much as u can about rooting. did u get the OTA update for GB?

OP
Gutteran

Gutteran

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Hawaiian Princess - Yes, I did receive the OTA update for GB. While looking up rooting instructions, I came across z4root, but from what I have read, this method no longer works after the update. I did find that people have had success rooting GB on the D2G forums using instructions for rooting the D3 listed on RootzWiki. I think I'll give this method a shot once I've read through all the steps, and I've decided on a rom and a backup method. People have said very good things about Fisson and AngelRom so probably give them both a try.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

mgarney26

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Hawaiian Princess - Yes, I did receive the OTA update for GB. While looking up rooting instructions, I came across z4root, but from what I have read, this method no longer works after the update. I did find that people have had success rooting GB on the D2G forums using instructions for rooting the D3 listed on RootzWiki. I think I'll give this method a shot once I've read through all the steps, and I've decided on a rom and a backup method. People have said very good things about Fisson and AngelRom so probably give them both a try.

Not sure if you have ever used it before but cyanogen mod 7 is great too

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
Gutteran

Gutteran

Reaction score
I looked into Cyanogenmod, but when I checked their device listing and I clicked the link for the Droid 2, it was specifically stated that it is not for the Droid 2 Global, only the regular Droid 2. Is there a way to get it working on the global? Will it support GSM?

mgarney26

Reaction score