Guinea Pigs needed.. or lab rats :) Red Glass Theme

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK.. here is the link... http://www.metamorphosex.com/Red_Glass_UD_1.0.0.zip

Be forewarned. I haven't even had time to test it myself yet. (Working on some keyboard stuff.) BUT.. HarleyDad loaded it up just fine. Thanks Harley for being a risk taker!!

So, make a ding dang diddly backup!

What I need to know is... what new images are missing, is there red on red, etc.. and.. are the standard apps themed 100%?

Let me know if you are going to try this out and then after you try it out, let me know how it goes.
If you download this and use it and don't tell me (cause it's a WIP and I can't fix it if you don't tell me) I will kick your dog and steal the beer out of your fridge. :)

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
OK.. here is the link... http://www.metamorphosex.com/Red_Glass_UD_1.0.0.zip

Be forewarned. I haven't even had time to test it myself yet. (Working on some keyboard stuff.)

So, make a ding dang diddly backup!

What I need to know is... what new images are missing, is there red on red, etc.. and.. are the standard apps themed 100%?

Let me know if you are going to try this out and then after you try it out, let me know how it goes.
If you download this and use it and don't tell me (cause it's a WIP and I can't fix it if you don't tell me) I will kick your dog and steal the beer out of your fridge. :)

Downloading now

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Go time! :)

Thanks for testing Harley.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
IS metamorph more for experienced people? or can a rookie like myself mess around in it? I dont understand it at aLL!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Um.. if you are referring to this, it's not a metamorph. Just rename it to update.zip and install it thru SPRecovery like you would a ROM.

As for the actual answer to your question... metamorph is pretty easy to use. It's like anything else though.. just takes a few times thru to understand what its doing and how to use it.

Someone made a DAMN FINE HOW TO for making a metamorph. I know it's in the BB section and I know he wrote it up at my urging (Im thinking czerdrill) so if you find it or if the author of it happens across this, please let me know.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Initial observations:

On the lock screen, the clock is hidden behind the Ultimate Droid Banner

I like how the lock mechanism has moved up!

Getting an FC every time I try to open my app tray (i use ADW)...rebooted and all is fine

All standard apps appear to be themed

Notification pull down is themed.

Anything else your looking for?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1st off.. it was czerdrill .. link http://www.vampii.com/dcom/forums/17-how-tos/855-how-to-use-metamorph

2ndly.. no thats pretty much the kind of stuff I am looking for. I dont have the UD banner issue cause I'm not using that wallpaper. Just trying to see if I missed anything. I do feel alot better now that I know it loads up.
I have also learned you have to let the phone boot up and then reboot it to see your app drawer. Dunno if that's just you or something I jacked up.

I'm using ADW too. Thanks to kook. So far I've got about 12 hours with it. And I like it actually. WHo knew I may have installed the better launcher on my wifes phone all along..lol Time will tell.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Once I get this thing worked out.. I can make changes to the blue, gold and pink glass themes and get them on board. Then I have to make blue for BB 0.5. Only because someone keeps asking for it. I think I will just make it for him though because he is persistent and nice. (YES.. I wrote this because I know he will find his way here and want to know whats up)

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
I would like it in blue too..but yeah, It is smooth! Maybe change the Verizon banner to something else..i hate that!!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would like it in blue too..but yeah, It is smooth! Maybe change the Verizon banner to something else..i hate that!!

You can remove that banner in its entirety in the UD settings. It does leave a black bar across the screen where the banner was though. So I'm thinking it removes the words but not the background image. Haven't looked into it yet but I don't like it either.. with or without words.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Thanks for that link!! I will be on the lookout for the blue theme! I have an aversion to red..reminds me of the redskins :)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha.. I have an attraction to it.. Reds and OSU. I would give my hand at making a orange theme (for a silent shout out to the bengals) BUT.. I know it would bog down, drop balls, I mean calls, FC apps and then not load cause it's lazy.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Ha.. I have an attraction to it.. Reds and OSU. I would give my hand at making a orange theme (for a silent shout out to the bengals) BUT.. I know it would bog down, drop balls, I mean calls, FC apps and then not load cause it's lazy.

LMFAO...I am a Cowboys fan..I know allllll about that this season!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Harley.. since you use ADW.. try kooks "Cold Fusion" theme and the ADW theme he made to match. I actually have it on my phone. For a blue theme, he did the color proud! It's actually a pretty close Hex code color to the Cowboys too. All you would need to do is metamorph the Cowboys lockscreen and noti backgrounds from that thread in here and you would be rocking out.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the tip man! Question, how do I unzip an apk file? do I need a special program? winrar doesnt recognize it..