[Guide] Motorola Nexus 6 on sprint and enable tether for free

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
Well, As i said in my nexus 9 guide that I was getting the nexus 6, it came early and I got it today, I have had nothing better to do but play with it pretty much.

I was watching a video by @DroidModderX -
I noticed this method doesn't seem to work 100% on the nexus6 for sprint. so, ya'll know me, I start to decompile and look at logs and get it working :)

I posted on the video how to do it and he asked me to post a small guide on here.

you will follow his guide to the tee then there is a few extra steps.

A) You want to get an app called - short cut master light - Shortcut Master Lite - Android Apps on Google Play

B) you want to go into the search and type in APN and launch he editor and find the selected APN (mine was internet) and you want to add to the list of APN types 'dun'

C) I did this, I am not 100% sure you need to do it. but you can try this last step if the above still does not work for you, but i removed the program com.motorolla.entitlement, it is what handles the whole tethering thing. You can find the app in /system/priv-app/Entitlement

You will want to do this in ES-Fileexploere or via ADB.

You may need busy box installed. I always install this.
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
cd /system/priv-app/
rm -rf Entitlement
reboot

This shall allow you to freely tether using your motorola google nexus 6 on sprint now :)

Big thanks goes out to Simon Sickle for the idea about this file.
and Shane for the great video to get me into this.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This method may then also work on the non-carrier specific Motorola version of the Nexus 6 bought directly from Motorola and activated on Verizon.

I'll have to give it a try.

OP
R

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
This method may then also work on the non-carrier specific Motorola version of the Nexus 6 bought directly from Motorola and activated on Verizon.

I'll have to give it a try.

If i had to bet? Yes this will work just fine :)

If it works for don't forget to throw a few pennies my way for xmas and my birthday :)