GTWidget Data - Turning Off Full Data 3G 2G

M3-ADDICT

Reaction score
Greetings,

As a Pre-Paid user with Page Plus (Prepaid Phone Company, They use Verizon's Network), I'm looking for an application to turn off Data fully. I'm talking about 3G, 2G etc... Wi-Fi is fine to be open, and I'd like to be able to go back and forth allowing me to decide when I want to have 3G or Verizon's Data available to me.

You may ask why, but this is a really important feature to us, since at any given time we are only allowed 50MB or 20MB of data depending on our plan for the full month. As you can Imagine, I can live without a weather update or instant Map location every 3 second, otherwise I'd be without Data from the first day of the month.

I just bought Droid and over on Howard Forum (Pre Paid Forum) we have discovered the app by the name of GTWidget Data. Everyone is the same boat there. They simply want to use their 50MB or 20MB for emergencies on the road. This allows you to fully turn off all Data, and fully restore with a click of a button.

Unfortunately, the app is very unstable. It works great, but it disappears so you have to uninstall and install it back every a few days. I'm looking for a more stable option my self. Anyone use this app and have fixes for it, or can you suggest any other apps that do the same thing.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, this cant be done. Your best bet is to disable syncing of all types, and just go from there.

OP
M

M3-ADDICT

Reaction score
I hope not, looking domestically to other's suggestions. This particular App that I mentioned, does exactly what I want, but it's in working stage so at any given time, it just disappears. I'm hoping for a better stable fix to this.