Gta iii

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Anyone got a link, I can't find it.

Modded and hot rodded wait'n on a ROM

linkage423

Reaction score
Lol had 893 and installed gta3. Installed the 901 and now it won't show up in the market. I wonder if that means I won't be able to get updates on it now lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deduct

Reaction score
Linkage....does it still play fine in 5.9 build? Thinking about flashing it cause these data drops on 5.5 are brutal. Dont want to lose this game though if i can help it. It's a lot of fun.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Batman8

Reaction score
I have been a long time fan of this game back in the days, and I have been trying to play it since it hit the market. There were huge issues even getting the game to download OR install until the latest version (v1.2) came out which is "supposed" to now be Bionic compatible but I noticed if I install the game and download the data from within it will give me a different sized data folder each time (between 442MB - about 900MB) and I'm not sure why but the larger folders play better than the smaller ones. With the small data download I don't get any sound and have graphic issues, but with the larger data folders almost everything works except no head lights and all smoke (like car exhaust fuses) all show on screen as large dark squares which drives me crazy. If your download says it "failed" the game will still play but with lots of problems so re-download the data until it says that the download was successful.

So in short, there are still some major issues for Rockstar to work out within the Bionic version but it will run. Just try downloading the data folder a couple of times to see how it works. The only explanation I can think of as to why some Bionics are having more problems than others might be the version of software each of us is using...I am rooted using 5.5.893 just so you all know, and if anyone really figures out a way to fix ALL of these issues PLEASE POST IT!!! One more very strange thing is that the Android Market shows this game as being 17.34MB but every time I have downloaded it, it's always showing as just a 8.86MB apk file???????...WTF, I have NEVER seen that with any other app or game so if anyone has an explanation for that one I'd love to hear it!

Thanks.

P.S. - I'm glad to finally see other Bionic owners talking about this one...I was beginning to think I was almost the only one with a Bionic playing it. ;)

Last edited:

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are a few versions in the market, the one I installed is "Grand Theft Auto III" there is also "Grand Theft Auto 3" and "GTA3" IIRC. I'm running Liberty3 2.0 over stock .886. When it first came out I couldn't find it in the market (incompatible) a couple days later I searched again, found it, installed normally, probably have 20 hours of game play on it now and it is flawless. When this game came out ten years ago I never dreamed I would be playing it on my phone!

linkage423

Reaction score
Linkage....does it still play fine in 5.9 build? Thinking about flashing it cause these data drops on 5.5 are brutal. Dont want to lose this game though if i can help it. It's a lot of fun.

Runs great on 901... On 2nd area now and have had minimal issues... The one being pausing will occasionally screw up and force me to restart the app.. But it runs beautifully

deduct

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for reply. Think ill go ahead and do it then

mykl376

Reaction score
I downloaded it and all I ever got was a black screen. Went to un/reinstall and was told I had been refunded. Did not try again, I'm not going to risk wasting my money. Good for those that actually got it to work. I'm on a stock Bionic, never rooted.

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Running stock .893. This game works great with my phone. Smooth graphics and great controls.

Batman8

Reaction score
Running stock .893. This game works great with my phone. Smooth graphics and great controls.

Thanks for the info Sr.Torres22, I too am running stock .893 and it runs, but the graphics are not what I would call smooth. So when you play, the character faces don't all have lines right down the middle? And the smoke from all car exhaust doesn't show on your screen as large dark squares?

deduct

Reaction score
Graphics are better than that on mine. Trees are hideous however.cant complain considering this game is on my phone!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reverted to .893 and it shows up in the market, and works fine. Obviously, their developer settings in the market have this targeted to specific build fingerprints, apparently 5.5.886 and 5.5.893

I emailed them about 7 times explaining the issue with the "accidental" OTA and sent them a copy of my build.prop so that they would have the proper keys. They sent me a response that the app is targeted to "cdma_targa" and that is as specific as they can filter, but somehow I doubt it. Unless of course the app is copy protected, in that case the market itself might be seeing 5.9.901 as an invalid build. IMHO, if the update was sent out accidently, then it should be updated as a valid build for the market.