GT-I9300 takes ages to charge

Smithy5995

Reaction score
I recently took a contract out for a Galaxy SIII about a few months ago and everything has been fine up until recently. My battery as the title implies is taking longer than it usually does to charge.
Now I don't have the standard battery in the phone that comes with but I have a bigger battery that has a capacity of 7,000mAh click here to view the battery in detail.

So onwards to my problem, I've never recorded how long it would take my phone to go from 1-2% to 100% but it would be fairly quick even with the big battery but lately it's been taking a long time for it charge, I would plug it in at night maybe at 10% and by morning it would of only charged up to about 70-80% and this is putting it on around midnight to around 9-12am.

I did have a few apps that required to be active all the time like task manager app to kill apps, a ram manager and so on but I deleted all those before and I tested out the charge speed again but it's still slow, I even turned my phone off and on but to no avail.

Whether this helps or not I don't know but I have rooted my phone and also flashed CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 on to my phone, as well as that I flashed CM10.2 Android 4.3 on to my phone at one point but rooted apps were restricted on it so I reverted back to Android 4.2.2

Here is a list of all the applications that have drained my battery, now I know the screen and OS are obviously going to drain a lot of the battery but anything on that list that I should raise an eyebrow to please feel free to tell me
Screenshot_2013-08-20-20-16-07.png

Don't know why I linked this screenshot but it might help somehow xD
Screenshot_2013-08-20-20-16-13.png

Thought it might help by linking CPU-Z stats of my battery as well.
Screenshot_2013-08-20-20-16-32.png

Any help would be very much appreciated in sorting this out.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
did you try a new charging adapter and usb cable?

if possible charge with the phone off, it will be faster and keep the stats in an optimal condition.
if you need to have it on, keep the screen off, screen on will greatly increase charge time.

OP
Smithy5995

Smithy5995

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and all the tips to help but for some unknown reason my charge speed has drastically decreased and I can't figure what is causing it to do so, I need tips on how to speed it back up to what it was originally when the screen is on and not tips on how to increase charge speed when the phone is off.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i have to ask, why do you need the screen on while you are sleeping?

I would plug it in at night maybe at 10% and by morning it would of only charged up to about 70-80% and this is putting it on around midnight to around 9-12am

OP
Smithy5995

Smithy5995

Reaction score
What I meant by that is I plug it in around midnight, not that I leave it on all night xD