GSM version of Droid X ?

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there will be a GSM version of the Droid X

sanjay says the Droid X is only for Verizon in the US -- "We may have a device that's similar in the rest of the world, but this is only for Verizon."

If anyone finds anything can you post it here

guardianali

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there will be a GSM version of the Droid X

sanjay says the Droid X is only for Verizon in the US -- "We may have a device that's similar in the rest of the world, but this is only for Verizon."

If anyone finds anything can you post it here

They will go the Droid/Milestone route. Make the CDMA version for USA, and then a GSM international version called something else for the world.

You can probably import the GSM version if you can get one that supports ATT or Tmobiles bands.

OP
RacecarBMW

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
They will go the Droid/Milestone route. Make the CDMA version for USA, and then a GSM international version called something else for the world.

You can probably import the GSM version if you can get one that supports ATT or Tmobiles bands.

Yea well I am in Canada so I am waiting for what might presumably be called the milestone X

monsieurms

Reaction score
I have been desperate for a good GSM model, and Droid X seemed like the ticket.

It's a shame there is total silence on this.

I just have 0 interest in CDMA---it is an obsolete network that works hardly anywhere but in the USA and I travel a lot. It's just too inconvenient. I see no reason to invest in technology that seems so constrained.

I love the Droid X....but can't buy it as CDMA.

Android_For_Life

Reaction score
GSM is coming!

Hey guys, i am new to the forums here. Let me start out by saying i was an iPhone lover since day one!! I started having alot of problems with AT&T customer serivce and decided to finally drop the iPhone and go with verizon. I figured i would try the Motorolla Droid. It is by far the BEST move I ever made. I am now looking to upgrade, and since i am in the military i wanted something i could use over seas as well as state side. So yesterday (8NOV10) i went to talk to verizon and see what they had. Unfortenatly the only thing available was not what i wanted. So i began asking questions, and found out in December 2010, they are coming out with a GSM International version of the Droid X. It will stil lbe called the Droid X, but it will come out of the box with 2.2 software and be able to use it internationally!!! So I am going back and getting that as soon as it becomes available! Hope this helps !! dancedroid

Chris

Motorola DROID :motdroidhoriz:

Android_For_Life

Reaction score
GSM is coming!

Hey guys, i am new to the forums here. Let me start out by saying i was an iPhone lover since day one!! I started having alot of problems with AT&T customer serivce and decided to finally drop the iPhone and go with verizon. I figured i would try the Motorolla Droid. It is by far the BEST move I ever made. I am now looking to upgrade since i am in the military i wanted something i could use over seas as well as state side. So yesterday (8NOV10) i went to talk to verizonb and see what they had. Unfortenatly the only thing available was not what i wanted. So i began asking questions, and found out in December 2010, they are coming out with a GSM International version of the Droid X. It will stil lbe called the Droid X, but it will come out of the box with 2.2 software and be able to use it internationally!!! So I am going back and getting that as soon as it becomes available! Hope this helps !! dancedroid

Chris

Motorola DROID :motdroidhoriz:

monsieurms

Reaction score
Hey guys, i am new to the forums here. Let me start out by saying i was an So i began asking questions, and found out in December 2010, they are coming out with a GSM International version of the Droid X. It will stil lbe called the Droid X, but it will come out of the box with 2.2 software and be able to use it internationally!!!

Awesome...is it dedicated to Verizon or unlocked?

The next thing I'm awaiting is support for the new SDHCx format, which finally promises to give me the space I need. ;)

Oleksiy

Reaction score
I do not know from where the guy got the info, i emailed Motorola and they said they do not have any plans for near future to release the GSM version. I was told that in Q1 2011 they are planning to release similar or even better phones. So no DX for us in 2010.

monsieurms

Reaction score
I do not know from where the guy got the info, i emailed Motorola and they said they do not have any plans for near future to release the GSM version. I was told that in Q1 2011 they are planning to release similar or even better phones. So no DX for us in 2010.

Well, that's a big fat bummer.

One would think, considering that GSM is the world standard, that at some point someone will come up with a cutting edge GSM Droid.

brutalness

Reaction score
No, it is not droid x

They most likely will never make an Droid X global. they already have the droid 2 and droid pro which both serve the business community better because they have physical keyboards.