GSM options on VZW LTE/CDMA GNex?

ænyoc

Reaction score
I can get into the information menu by using *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer and pressing send.

But what is the service menu code? Anyone know what it is yet?

Playing around and found this:

View attachment 44908
View attachment 44909

Do we have GSM/world phone capability in the vzw gnex? I doubt it, but then why have these options?

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

kefler

Reaction score

So over in this thread: [Q] Global Phone? - Page 6 - xda-developers

They found similar menus on the Rezound, and found if they go and switch off LTE and put in an AT&T SIM, it works. I really wonder if the same thing would work on the Verzion galaxy nexus?

At this point I am down to rezound vs galaxy nexus and I think I might go nexus if it also had this capability.

Edit: I also wanted to mention that All specs/info from verizon said the rezound did NOT have GSM capability either.

Last edited:
OP
ænyoc

ænyoc

Reaction score
lol, general consensus was an overwhelming no it doesn't support it everywhere I looked, so I didn't pursue it... Now after that thread over on xda, I guess I'll take a look at it again :)

I have the day off (mostly), and this has completely captured my interest. Problem is, I don't have a gsm sim card. PM me if you are in/near San Diego, have a GSM sim card and wanna see what we can get working!

creaky

Reaction score
Dammit! I'm neither close nor in possession of a GSM SIM card. Please report on your finding if you are able to hook it up!

kmo

Reaction score
Playing around and found this:

View attachment 44908
View attachment 44909

Do we have GSM/world phone capability in the vzw gnex? I doubt it, but then why have these options?

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.
Sure looks promising....

6bolt2g

Reaction score
Well I stuck a Tmobile sim in the phone and it didn't throw up any warnings. It just has no signal. Not sure if I need to throw some switches in the phone or what. I tried that LTE toggle app that lets you in the radio selection section and chose GSM only and it didn't seem to make a difference. The signal section on that menu says -120 and nothing shows up on the meter on the top of the screen. Im thinking either no radio or no GSM antenna. Any one have any ideas to try?

Snooginsguy

Reaction score
Well I stuck a Tmobile sim in the phone and it didn't throw up any warnings. It just has no signal. Not sure if I need to throw some switches in the phone or what. I tried that LTE toggle app that lets you in the radio selection section and chose GSM only and it didn't seem to make a difference. The signal section on that menu says -120 and nothing shows up on the meter on the top of the screen. Im thinking either no radio or no GSM antenna. Any one have any ideas to try?

EDIT never mind, I guess I should read the whole post first... ;) Sorry.