GSM Galaxy Nexus Goes Through the FCC!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
QOk5S.png

Well it looks like our fabled Galaxy Nexus just passed through the FCC with AT&T, T-Mobile (only one band), and worldwide GSM bands. Although it's supposed to be a Verizon exclusive, these new details make you wonder if this is a timed exclusive or if Google and Samsung have some other ideas planned for their newest ICS device.

yBwej.png

Source: FCC

Attachments

• Nexus Outline.png
    Nexus Outline.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 480

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Could this be the device in the video leak? People were mentioning the fact that the power button was in the wrong place and what have you.

That could mean that something a bit different is coming for Verizon.

stinger161

Reaction score
I've just got a sinking feeling that Verizon will be getting some watered down version to replace the Charge that won't match other carriers. Why? I just think they have their mouth latched too hard to the nipple of Motorola that they are going to keep the Bionic as their flagship device for the foreseeable future, until the Dinara comes out. And once again it will be Moto, just behind the curve of Samsung. Like I said, just a feeling. Hopefully it's just the burrito I ate.

creaky

Reaction score
I get the same sinking feeling as you, stinger, and I had a salad for lunch. I hope, hope, hope this phone is all its cracked up to be for VZW. I might go to AT&T out of frustration....

MadDroid

Reaction score
Verizon had better get this phone. And without the bloatware. I like my carrier but I am willing to jump ship for this device.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I get the same sinking feeling as you, stinger, and I had a salad for lunch. I hope, hope, hope this phone is all its cracked up to be for VZW. I might go to AT&T out of frustration....

VZW and an open/unlockable - bloat free phone? That does seem a bit far fetched now that I see it on virtual paper. Hopefully we are pleasantly surprised!

diggy488

Reaction score
As long as the specs are good, I don't care too much about the apps that come with it. After it's rooted, it'll be as clean my D1.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Im still not so quitely waiting on the vigor(which should blow the bionic out of the water). So either way....We have atleast one nice phone coming to verizon!! Even if the vigor comes out with 1ghz dual core, It will be unlocked and able to flash custom kernels.

Personally i wouldnt be to unhappy if either of these phone come with a second or third gen energy efficient 1ghz dual core processor with the boot loader unlocked(like my dinc2). It would still be a beast compared to the bionic(unless somehow they unlock its bootloader). Plus it would have a very decent battery life.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's not like it not being a Verizon exclusive takes anything away from the phone, just means more members for this board right?:)

Exclusive or not, the phone on paper seems awesome and from the mock up drawing it looks great. Whether it's strictly on Verizon or not doesn't matter to me, after all Verizon phones only apply to me.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
If Verizon doesn't carry this phone it'll be the last straw , I said that with the GS2 but after spending half an hour in the Sprint store I decided to give them one more chance . Sprint has pretty much the same coverage in my area

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone doubting verizon will get it? Just because a GSM version passed through the FCC doesn't mean VZW won't get it. This just means it could and probably will be released for other carriers at a later date.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums