GRRRRR Cant Delete Text Messages, and freezing

en00be

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I have an HTC Droid Eris. I LOVE this phone, only problem is everytime i try to delete my inbox i mark about 5 convos and hit delete and it freezes :( then says Activity messages (in application messages) is not responding and
I have to Force close
my phone has been freezing ALOT lately, is there anything that would make it do this
what can i do about this?

lowtech

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I have an HTC Droid Eris. I LOVE this phone, only problem is everytime i try to delete my inbox i mark about 5 convos and hit delete and it freezes :( then says Activity messages (in application messages) is not responding and I have to Force close
my phone has been freezing ALOT lately, is there anything that would make it do this what can i do about this?

I think I would look at any apps you have added around the time it began to freeze. One or more might be the cause. You could remove it/them and see. Also, pull the battery, which seems to help some issues. As a last resort, I would probably go to Verizon and request a replacement phone, which some people on here have done, and which often seems to be the solution.

I'm far from an expert... others will help I'm sure... but these are my suggestions.

lowtech

Reaction score
i deleted all my apps and my phone still randomly freezes
ALOT too

At this point I would be on my way to a Verizon store...! It could be a fautly phone. Some folks have gotten replacements that seem to work well.

b_hugie

Reaction score
Same issues here. Any time you get more than about 400 texts that you are trying to delete it will cause the phone to freeze. HIGHLY stupid design if you ask me. If the phone doesn't have enough memory to delete the texts, why not design an "auto delete" for the texts. Some people, such as myself, dont have time to worry about maintaining messages on my cellphone. Never had to worry about it with my Blackberry...... I actually had to go have Verizon do a hard reset on my phone in order to delete them (ended up with almost 5000 in my inbox). Lost all other information on my phone, and it was a PAIN to say the least.

keep each conversation under 400 messages, and dont try to delete multiple conversations at a time. should help you..

airtas

Reaction score
same problem here................will the new software update fix this?

ajsonnick

Reaction score
Delete Text Freeze

Same thing for me!!

I have this thread that I want to delete texts with because it is too slow to text this person.. this thread is over 4,000 texts.. waited over 2 hours the other day, still didnt delete anything :/

i tried an app that said it deletes texts, that ended up freezing too...

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!

sincere759

Reaction score
The problem is your phone CANT go to sleep when deleting. What i did was when i get ready to delete a large conversation over 300 text i put my screen time out to be 10 mins and i let the phone sit. do not use any other apps or receive a phone call, just let it sit til the conversation goes away, dont even close out of the message app. normally takes about 5 mins for messages over 400. this helped me.

ajsonnick

Reaction score
thanks! that's been working actually (read it on another forum)... this 4,500 text thread i have is KILLING me.. i've been waiting over an hour LOL. UGH!

what kind of phone doesnt have enough memory to delete its text messages!?!?! like really?

supra109

Reaction score
Did you ever get your 4500 texts deleted? I have 2 text threads that I can't delete, onr is 2600 long and the other is 700. I've done what others suggested and put my backlight timeout on never and let it sit for like 20 minutes for that smaller thread and nothing happened. I'm getting tired of this and I've only had the phone 2 weeks.