Group Texting

romena54

Reaction score
Hi all,

One of my buddies with an iPhone is being a real dick about the fact that I'm not sending group texts. I should clarify that I want to be able to send the type where replies in that group go to all, and not just back to me (looking for more of a chat). I've tried various methods using the stock messaging app, but all I get back from him is, "get a better phone." Is there any way within the Droid DNA's stock messaging app to send out the type of group messages I'm after, or do I need to get a new app from the Play Store (recommendations if this is the case, please).

I already have my first group text to him and the rest of our friends lined up that I know will piss him off, so I can't wait to get this figured out! :biggrin:

Thanks much!

OP
R

romena54

Reaction score
Well, looks like part of my issue may be that I have an HTC "Deluxe" and not a Droid DNA, because of the regional carrier I'm with. On HTC's instructions below, they tell you how to do exactly what I was looking for, but I don't have a "button below the 'To' field" like they talk about in step 5. DROID DNA by HTC (Verizon Wireless) Support - Sending a group message | HTC United States

Also, sorry I'm a newb here. Not sure how this forum likes to see their links!

EDIT: The Deluxe is the identical phone to the Droid DNA in pretty much all aspects, not sure what has been stripped down, if anything. I will continue to post updates if I learn more.

OP
R

romena54

Reaction score
Yup, fears confirmed. My carrier has taken group chat off their version of the phone. I spent maybe 45 minutes in chats with them and HTC to find out. So, new question is, what does everyone recommend for (free, hopefully) third party group texting apps?