Group texting

dstacey

Reaction score
I updated to JB this morning and don't see how to send a group a text message. Am i missing something? I know you could simply add each contact, but i had groups setup in ICS and you could text the entire group with one touch. Is that gone with JB?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I updated to JB this morning and don't see how to send a group a text message. Am i missing something? I know you could simply add each contact, but i had groups setup in ICS and you could text the entire group with one touch. Is that gone with JB?

It is not in the JB update, same as speed dials, so you can't start a group text like in previous text app.

I downloaded an app called Contacts Group U, it will do this perfectly and you can set shortcuts on your phones home screens.

Sucks that they took those away, but at least there is a work around

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

SamnTysmome

Reaction score
Yes, it is there. Where you type in a recipient on the right is a silhouette with a plus sign. Touch that and you can add more. Unless I don't know what group texting is, then I'm wrong.

Reaction score
If you look in the people app there is a group heading at the top. If you click on that it will show you groups like family, friends or coworkers etc. how do you select one of those groups to send a text to. I don't want to have select everyone in the group in order to text them all at once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Yes, it is there. Where you type in a recipient on the right is a silhouette with a plus sign. Touch that and you can add more. Unless I don't know what group texting is, then I'm wrong.

That is to send to multiple recipients at once, which is close to what we are trying to do. Group texting allows you to set up a group of contacts that you always send texts to in one place, aka group. In ICS, you could start typing the group name and it would let you select it and add all those in the group at once. That doesn't work now.

We are the Droid!!
Resistance is futile!!

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
If you look in the people app there is a group heading at the top. If you click on that it will show you groups like family, friends or coworkers etc. how do you select one of those groups to send a text to. I don't want to have select everyone in the group in order to text them all at once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They removed that functionality in JB, whether that was Google, Motorola or Verizon I don't know. Try contacts group u to get that back, you just have to do it from the app or set up a shortcut on your home screen

We are the Droid!!
Resistance is futile!!