Group SMS?

greycobalt

Reaction score
I know this is a general Android question, but I figured you fellow GNexers could help me out. I know iPhone has some shenanigans group message thing, though I don't know the details. Whenever my brother or sister (iPhones) send a group message, all the Android users in the group see replies from people we don't even know, and all kinds of weird stuff goes down.

When I send a text addressed to several people, I get all of their replies in the same thread. My question is, does it work like the iPhone? Do they all see each other's replies? Is that even a thing on Android? Sometimes if I want to link an article to several different friends, some don't know each other, so I don't want confusion spreading like when I get messages from my siblings' friends. Thanks in advance. ;)

alwerner

Reaction score
I have seen the same thing. If you are a Verizon customer, they have a new Messaging application (which is quite good) that allows you to send group SMS with two options (bulk: Indivdual response some back to you only, group: where everyone get's the individual replies). Another feature of the messaging application is that you can use your tablet or PC to read/respond to text messages (not just your phone).

Do a search on Verizon Messenger. If you are not a Verizon customer, then I don't believe there is another SMS option.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
A friend of mine has the Note II and when that person sends a group message to both iPhone and Android users I get all replies from the iPhone users and the other Note II user. Oddly enough, the other 3 or 4 Android users I don't usually get a response from. Maybe the Note II works well with iMessage or something thanks to Samsung software?

Not completely sure but that's my personal experience with iMessage. And yes it does get annoying :D