grounded.. dad taking my phone away & i want to keep my number

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
That's actually smart!! I could buy a cheap old phone and my dad can open up a 2nd line and use the Droid. And that would also mean no contract needed on the 2nd line either so if he wants to switch carriers.. he can do so anytime.

But now the problem is that I need a cheap phone.. do best buy or anybody give out free ones? Thanks!!

JCo352

Reaction score
That's actually smart!! I could buy a cheap old phone and my dad can open up a 2nd line and use the Droid. And that would also mean no contract needed on the 2nd line either so if he wants to switch carriers.. he can do so anytime.

But now the problem is that I need a cheap phone.. do best buy or anybody give out free ones? Thanks!!

You can find brand new cheap phones on ebay for between 50-100 dollars.

titans1

Reaction score
you can also keep eye on craigslist or get a free one from verizons website....the free cheapos dont require data. You would still have texting just no internet without huge by use fees.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If your dad gets a new number, he will be starting a new contract. Just have him get a basic phone for free, and then immediately have them swap the numbers on the droid and new phone. Also, keep in mind that you cannot swap to your new droid because your dad will see that you now have data again.