My dad has the Incredible... and I tried it out.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turns out my dad got one on the first day.

I was at mothers day dinner - 4 of us had Droids, and he had the Incredible.

1) It was MUCH lighter. Not as ugly as I thought it would be.
2) Thickness is very easy to describe... take the screen off ours and it's exactly that thick.
3) Quickness - very fast there is no question. However I was not blown away and unless I was using his all day I would never really care.
4) Interface - it's got HTC Sense on it. It was HORRIBLE. I could barely figure out how to do anything on the phone except the very basics. He wanted me to fix his clock and it was very difficult to navigate. I will NEVER buy an HTC Sense phone - pure android is WAY better. I hated it.
5) Screen - Very sharp and nice. Putting it next to the Droid the colors were more vibrant and the blacks were much blacker. However it was not so good that I really cared. It's like going to a TV store and comparing the plasma's to the LCD's - there are a million difference but at the end you will be satisfied with what you buy.

Would I trade? No. I detested the HTC Sense so much I didn't want it.

If it didn't have HTC sense then I'd probably trade for it. But it's such a small step up from the Droid I really don't care.

There is ONE thing I wanted from it. It had a Live Wallpaper with all sorts of colors and smoke. I can't find it in the market at all... can someone rip it so we can use it... it was beautiful. I think it was HTC made.

Reaction score
Turns out my dad got one on the first day.

I was at mothers day dinner - 4 of us had Droids, and he had the Incredible.

1) It was MUCH lighter. Not as ugly as I thought it would be.
2) Thickness is very easy to describe... take the screen off ours and it's exactly that thick.
3) Quickness - very fast there is no question. However I was not blown away and unless I was using his all day I would never really care.
4) Interface - it's got HTC Sense on it. It was HORRIBLE. I could barely figure out how to do anything on the phone except the very basics. He wanted me to fix his clock and it was very difficult to navigate. I will NEVER buy an HTC Sense phone - pure android is WAY better. I hated it.
5) Screen - Very sharp and nice. Putting it next to the Droid the colors were more vibrant and the blacks were much blacker. However it was not so good that I really cared. It's like going to a TV store and comparing the plasma's to the LCD's - there are a million difference but at the end you will be satisfied with what you buy.

Would I trade? No. I detested the HTC Sense so much I didn't want it.

If it didn't have HTC sense then I'd probably trade for it. But it's such a small step up from the Droid I really don't care.

There is ONE thing I wanted from it. It had a Live Wallpaper with all sorts of colors and smoke. I can't find it in the market at all... can someone rip it so we can use it... it was beautiful. I think it was HTC made.

The only thing that is stopping me from wanting one is the sense ui...it is so horribly bad.

solorca

Reaction score
That's weird. I have the Incredible and I barely notice HTC Sense. I use Beautiful Widgets instead of the clock/weather that is preinstalled. I also only use two of the widgets that came with the phone.

The only other things that Sense seems to add is the seven screens (without rooting) and snappier movement between screens (though I"m not sure if that's Sense or just the speed of the phone). The HTC IME keyboard is fantastic, but I had that on the Droid anyway.

I have everything set up almost identical to what my Droid was set up with. Now I'm just waiting on root to do a few little tweaks.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Solarca,

Can you identify the live wallpaper I'm talking about - very colorful with smoke going across the screen.

warrior21

Reaction score
Solarca,

Can you identify the live wallpaper I'm talking about - very colorful with smoke going across the screen.
Try the wallpaper 'magic smoke'. If you go into the settings it lets you change the colors

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I like Sense better in that it has solved many of the problems with the Android UI such as stuttering and laggines.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sense is a breeze to navigate.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like Sense better in that it has solved many of the problems with the Android UI such as stuttering and laggines.

I think you're attributing to Sense what should be attributed to Snapdragon.

I don't know. The Droid Eris which has Sense UI, also is much smoother switching screens then the Moto Droid. Sense UI is doing something right (when it comes to this).

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I think you're attributing to Sense what should be attributed to Snapdragon.

I think I am familiar enough with the workings of Android to know what I am attributing it to. :)

hobby31

Reaction score
As one that has both phones, I can say I like the incredible better. I believe it is the sence UI that is making it as snappy as it is as I installed the Helix launcher and noticed it was a bit laggy. I also installed Koush's launcher and it was laggy also. Running a live walpaper make the sence UI a little laggy too though. But with a static wallpaper it is definately faster the the moto droid. My moto droid overclocked at 1 GHz isn't as smooth as sence with the snapdragon.

I didn't like sence at first but the more I've used it the more I love it. Once you learn it things just make more "sence". The HTC widgets are fantastic. The SMS widget, the bookmarks widget, the contacts widget, just make things a lot simpler. I'm not one for facebook and twitter but I hear the widgets for those are just as awesome. I just don't use them.

Edit: Oh, the live wallpaper you're talking about I believe is the one that came with the phone and is made by HTC. In my incredible live wallpaper menu it's called "HTC sence" and looks kinda like smoke with colored balls floating around. I think it's exclusive to the phone and you can't download it from the market. I'm sure somebody can find a way to pull it from the incredible though.

Last edited:
OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree Snapdragon makes it fast not Sense...

Sense was Senseless. Not intuitive at all.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree Snapdragon makes it fast not Sense...

Sense was Senseless. Not intuitive at all.

Again if this were so, this doesn't explain the Droid Eris also being snapper on the transitioning of the screens.