greetings- i'm looking for help mainly

simonite

Reaction score
So i've had this miracle phone for a year and love it. Motorola mb810. DROIDX 3g. Im grandfathered into the unlimited data plan too. Alls well until the cursed "update" wiped all my data including contacts - I had to fix that by retyping all 150 of them!!! Glad my old phone was still good.

So, new problem, I think my sd card is slightly corrupt, just enough to be a huge bother. I take a camcorder video, and when I hit the stop button, all touch input stops, the icons and text on screen are gone, and only the raw video feed from the camera remains. I wait three min. Then I press the power button, screen goes dark, press home, home screen appears, swipe to open home screen, back to video feed with nothing else, buttons do nothing, except power. At that point I just turn the phone off. Sure enough, when I try the video later, it says "file cannot be displayed or played" with a file size like 224 MB so the data is there. I tried renaming it, no joy. Creating an md5 for it, no joy. But it did not fail to create it. This happens about 50% of the time now, before the update it was 2%.

I don't mind a little chaos, but this is beyond silly. When I went to the Vz store? They restored to factory. Im no dummy so I've since repeated the process. Only es file explorer is on my phone besides what came with it, and that's bc the builtin files app closes on me.

Is the sd card under warranty? Can I ask for a new one? I'm under contract. I've never dropped my phone or had a prob until the cursed update.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the forums! :) I don't know what would cause all those issues with an update. I'm sure someone here with a D3 will be able to shed a little light on it for you.

You may want to check out http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-forum/

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

I think the matter of the SD card can go either way...the best thing to do is call and inquire with customer service or stop into your local store and see if they can assist you...good luck!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. I am sorry to say I have not had any experience with the issues you are experiencing. Like STG suggested I would keep on customer service/tech support and hopefully they can help you get them resolved.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you got the problem solved. DancingNexus

OP
S

simonite

Reaction score
Yeah, no thank you to tech support. Someone posted the version info and upgrade plan for all motorola phones, and, guess what? My version it's wrong, too high, Vz is giving me a warranty replacement bc the bad upgrade took place during the warranty period.

Note that I had to find that out myself, three Vz techs missed it.

Last edited: