Greetings from upstate NY

Wild Willy

Reaction score
Hi-

Just joined up to learn about droid phones on Verizon- getting ready to make the jump to a real smartphone. I had been running the VZ Navigator for the last few years, and bought my last phone, the EnV Touch just to have a real qwerty keypad. So much to learn about, but that is what I am here for. Two friends have upgraded to the "X", so I need to keep up!

OG(DRO)ID

Reaction score
You should wet the x will be outdated soon...furbearing, u close to Canton at all?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
W

Wild Willy

Reaction score
Hi, guys- Furbearing- You near A-bay? Been there for conferences- I live near Saratoga, the foothills to the Adirondacks. Halfway between NYC and Montreal-

Hawaiin Princes- my father in law is in Oahau, since the 1960's My wife went to public school there, speaks Hawaiin and learned to hula in school. Pretty funny for a blue-eyed blonde with an Irish name. My wahine- Love the area, been there twice, so far. On trip mangaed to get to most of the islands-

Looking at the "X", I seen the new Bionic has been shown but not yet released. Probably more than I want to spend for my first smartphone anyway. Trying to find the best deal, we have a family plan with 3 lines, but I am the only 'power user'

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum.

If you can wait for the Bionic, I would do so. It will be verizons new power house when it releases. It should cost $200 as that's the price for all new phones on Verizon with a 2 year upgade.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App.

1.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html
2.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html
3.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ah well ALOHA to u and ur wife. Hauole makahiki hou!! well I live central Oahu. that is so great to have ppl who knows the islands, be on this forums. hope u folks return for a visit....

Hawaiin Princes- my father in law is in Oahau, since the 1960's My wife went to public school there, speaks Hawaiin and learned to hula in school. Pretty funny for a blue-eyed blonde with an Irish name. My wahine- Love the area, been there twice, so far. On trip mangaed to get to most of the islands-

Looking at the "X", I seen the new Bionic has been shown but not yet released. Probably more than I want to spend for my first smartphone anyway. Trying to find the best deal, we have a family plan with 3 lines, but I am the only 'power user'

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

mrgigabyte

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 8
cool i am from rochester ny
the bestbuys in rochester were out of lg allys and they were being offer for free and i was good for a upgrade and figure i would make the job to a smart phone so i went for a road trip to Syracuse to get one very happy with it

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You should wet the x will be outdated soon...furbearing, u close to Canton at all?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Fifteen minutes out, actually. Could have sworn I already posted that but I don't see it in the thread. My phone has the worlds crappiest 3G stability here. They just fired up a new tower a couple months ago, putting me smack dab in the middle of two towers (both are almost exactly 2 miles away as the crow files) and I'm getting reflections like mad.

Hi, guys- Furbearing- You near A-bay? Been there for conferences- I live near Saratoga, the foothills to the Adirondacks. Halfway between NYC and Montreal-

That's about an hour out. Had some friends there as late as last year, but they have since stopped talking to me. Nice place as long as you don't need to park and the tourists aren't in (A-Bay). Saratoga I've been in one or twice in my life but that was many years ago and I don't remember much. :)

Wow, weird... do you know where Cortland is? That's where I am...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Use to be very good friends with a young lady from down that way. She suddenly dropped off the map about the time that I had a vehicle reliable enough to go visit her (and my license; long, long story there, but I was driving for 10 years on a permit). So yeah, I know where Cortland is. :D Very pretty area of the state. Good apple picking too -- I go to Mexico every fall to pick. Usually around 10 bushel.