GPS Tracking on Droid

slayda

Reaction score
I'm still looking for a way to "save current GPS coordinates" to some kind of map, for later reference.

me too, seems like such an easy thing to do. Geo caching has some apps that get close, but I haven't used them too extensively.

I go camping and riding, and a thing we like to do is ride out to some remote area and bury a bottle of booze. Mark the coordinates, then come back on another trip and dig it up and drink it :). -- I guess that is some form of Geo caching

The Pinpoint app would work well for that. Once you email to yourself & your group, you can open the email, click on the coordinates & a Google map is generated with the point shown on it.

Newps

Reaction score
So we're sitting around thinking of fun things to do with the Droid, and we were hoping we could get this done.

If we took the Droid up in an F-16 with us, is there any way to record the latitude/longitude every time interval, so we could then later overlay our path with a real map?

We know Maps wouldnt work, because we dont have a data signal, but with a sat signal, we should be able to keep track of our GPS coordinates....

InstaMapper does exactly what you're looking for. Get it in the Market. Here's what it looks like. Click on any point to get the lat/lon.

InstaMapper - GPS Tracking