GPS tracking app

FootballRef

Reaction score
Is there one?

Today I lost my Droid for a couple of hours. The phone was on silent. I have Where's My Droid installed and that didn't do much good since the phone was several miles away. Well, all worked out today, but I didn't like being without a phone for that period of time.

Is there an app so that if this happens again I can check a website and see where my phone is at?

swallman

Reaction score
Is there one?

Today I lost my Droid for a couple of hours. The phone was on silent. I have Where's My Droid installed and that didn't do much good since the phone was several miles away. Well, all worked out today, but I didn't like being without a phone for that period of time.

Is there an app so that if this happens again I can check a website and see where my phone is at?

Checkout Lookout (in the market).

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
Is there one?

Checkout Lookout (in the market).
Thanks...checking it out right now

TeatherWind

Reaction score
WaveSecure works well for that.. not to mention the ability to lock the phone, or have the phone set off an alarm.

droidilac

Reaction score
I personally use mobile defense on my Droid and my gf's Droid... I actually showed a co-worker how it worked and he called his wife and told to install it as well lol mobiledefense.com check it out. You can also lock and unlock the phone and send out an alarm that can be easily silenced or require a pin to be silenced.... like I said check out the website click on top where it says support and read the testimonials. I have mine installed as a system app since my phone is rooted. This allows me to have have my GPS off and enable it via the website if needed. Also as a system app its a lot harder to remove so a would be thief can't go in the market menu and uninstall it..... good luck, do your research and go from there.....

FolsomFear

Reaction score
I personally use mobile defense on my Droid and my gf's Droid... I actually showed a co-worker how it worked and he called his wife and told to install it as well lol mobiledefense.com check it out. You can also lock and unlock the phone and send out an alarm that can be easily silenced or require a pin to be silenced.... like I said check out the website click on top where it says support and read the testimonials. I have mine installed as a system app since my phone is rooted. This allows me to have have my GPS off and enable it via the website if needed. Also as a system app its a lot harder to remove so a would be thief can't go in the market menu and uninstall it..... good luck, do your research and go from there.....
and thats why i use mobile defence

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I like mobile defense as well but i don't believe they are taking new users at the moment so for now you'll have to use look out