GPS taking a long time to lock on

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
Anyone else having that problem lately? Running 229 ICS, having the problem in Google maps and Waze.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Try .230 never had a problem but you never know.

OP
LaurelRaven

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
Now that they have a painless upgrade path, i may try it. I was considering doing 232, actually.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
I'm running a stock Bionic, and noticed the same behavior after the most recent google maps update. It's also noticeable in google navigation.

grgguy

Reaction score
I'm running a stock Bionic, and noticed the same behavior after the most recent google maps update. It's also noticeable in google navigation.

Absolutely, I thought it was a signal issue. I use the navigator daily and half the time it won't turn on the GPS. A simple reboot usually corrects the problem

Graymayre

Reaction score
I was using a 902 build of eclipse before, and my gps was not too speedy. I went straight to 232 (not really straight of course) and the GPS is now phenomenal.

Driod Bionic ICED 232

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Thought it was just me. Last 2 weeks have been crazy with establishing a lock. Takes Runkeeper 5 minutes to start tracking my morning run. Looking foward to a fix!

zebo51

Reaction score
I too have been having issues getting GPS to lock. I think mine actually started after updating from 902 to 905. It does suck especially if you need directions or location fast.

tennvol

Reaction score
905 made my gps useless and was a poor update all around. I didn't want to install ics but had to in order to make my phone use able

wseyller

Reaction score
905 made my gps useless and was a poor update all around. I didn't want to install ics but had to in order to make my phone use able

I too had gps issue with 905. I would always show me in the wrong place. I was always shown as driving through a corn field and such. So far on 232 it has been perfection. I use it quite often.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

DeltaHotel

Reaction score
Yes I have seen the same after the last update. Used to get nearly instant GPS lock but now takes about 2 minutes usually.

Reaction score
Yep, same here with GPS. Overall my phone has been hiccuping since 902. My phone ran near flawlessly on 901. I should've stayed on it.

gsDroid

Reaction score
I'm having excellent results with gps lock, navigation, etc. with the .232 ICS leak. Nicer voice on the turn-by-turn navigation, too.