GPS question....

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
is there a way to use the GPS on the phone with software you'd run on a laptop?

e.g. I have a radar program I run on my notebook. I'm kind of a storm chaser, very much a newb though! I have a radar app on my notebook (GRLevel3) and would like to use the GPS to pinpoint my location on the map.

I have tried simply connecting it to the notebook via USB but the application doesn't appear to detect anything. And that's assuming there's a signal to attach to?

Any thoughts anyone?

Reaction score
is there a way to use the GPS on the phone with software you'd run on a laptop?

e.g. I have a radar program I run on my notebook. I'm kind of a storm chaser, very much a newb though! I have a radar app on my notebook (GRLevel3) and would like to use the GPS to pinpoint my location on the map.

I have tried simply connecting it to the notebook via USB but the application doesn't appear to detect anything. And that's assuming there's a signal to attach to?

Any thoughts anyone?

I understand what you are saying. It would require a program to be written for it. I would Google it. Someone is bound to be working on something like that.

irishdroid

Reaction score
You could try weather bug elite, it tracks your location and you can layer radar images over it. You would have to refresh it if you are moving over a large area, check that out or there are other apps that do the same thing.