GPS Problems

summerfieldjason

Reaction score
After spending 2.5 hours in my Verizon store because I couldn't get a sattelite signal. They gave me a new one. After 10 minutes in the car it worked all the way to work. When leaving work tried to use it to go home and can't get sattelite signal again. Driving me nuts. Anyone else having GPS problems

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haven't had a problem. Were you standing in an open area when trying to find the GPS signal?

bchi49

Reaction score
My gps is active and locates accurately within 1-3 seconds. Works well in my home as well.

BurtB

Reaction score
Mine worked fine for 4 days. Today not at all. Just says my location is temporarily unavailable.

CT Raider

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx (time 4 Turbo)
I wonder if another app has shut off one of your settings. :huh:

jaymeangreen

Reaction score
same problem here my wont connect to gps . seems like a growing problem

EDIT my gps started working @5:30 this afternoon. im not sure why or what happened or if verizon fixed it but it connects almost instantly whether im indoors or outdoors

Last edited:
OP
S

summerfieldjason

Reaction score
Frustrating. I can't get Verizon to tell me what is going on. I spend over 2 hours on Tuesday there got a new phone worked once and same problem after that. Can't get gps signal. I even stood outside for over 1/2 an hour.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm in Dover, FL (I-75 and I-4) and I'm on my second Droid for GPS issues. The second one left the Verizon store with a GPS that wouldn't connect but they wouldn't trade that one out for another one for 24 hours to make sure it wasn't just the GPS initializing for the first time. An hour and a half later, it started working flawlessly. Then today, it works perfectly on the way to work but hasn't worked since and won't connect. :icon_evil:

jaymeangreen

Reaction score
well it connected last night for the first time and worked fine all night long but today nothing! cant connect to gps again