GPS not working

miket81

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing problems with GPS AGAIN? Was working great for a while after I installed the update now it seems like its worse than it was prior to the update. All I get now is "searching for GPS" and it never connects.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

fishmstr

Reaction score
Try going into your privacy settings and turning on "Use my location" and then under "Location and Security" and turn on "Standalone GPS" and Google location services" leave VZW location off. It helped mine.

OP
M

miket81

Reaction score
Wow. Fixed it right away. Thanks!

OP
M

miket81

Reaction score
Ok, so the GPS worked great 2 times after fishmstr's suggestions, but now is back to not working at all. This is becoming really annoying.

minmongoblin

Reaction score
I still use GPS Status to load AGPS data, then load Maps/Nav, that gets a <30 second lock for me.

GDP

Reaction score
Mine doesn't work at all. I tried using navigation and the stupid thing thought I was in a different county. It never did end up working. What an epic failure on samsung/verizons part

smauldin

Reaction score
Mine just stopped working out of the blue, and now the accuracy is back to a whopping 1300 meters. It was working like a charm since the update but in the last day or so, something happened.

Volones

Reaction score
I had a problem with the GPS not getting a lock a couple days after the update. My fix was to power off/on the phone, and the GPS picked up right away again, and has been working fine since. Don't know how, or why, but it worked for me.

smauldin

Reaction score
That works for me sometimes...but I am having to power the phone on and off 2-3 times a day, and it doesn't always work.

celtlion

Reaction score
I think there's a hidden setting you can change that will flush the GPS cache out (or something like that) . I made that change when I had my Fascinate and if I needed to get a GPS signal I just rebooted the phone and it picked up a signal within a minute after starting back up.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I think there's a hidden setting you can change that will flush the GPS cache out (or something like that) . I made that change when I had my Fascinate and if I needed to get a GPS signal I just rebooted the phone and it picked up a signal within a minute after starting back up.

I think you're on to something.

8pened!